The Boats Docked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boats Docked

Just letting the Forum members know whom I purchased these beautiful vehicles from that they made the 10,000 mile journey unscathed and are now residing in sunny Oz away from all that ice and snow.

Regards Brian

[IMG]http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae194/packardhawk58/021.jpg[/IMG]
    Brian Greenall
    Melbourne, OZ
    sigpic

Brian, looking good! I think you should write an article for Turning Wheels about your Studebaker importing business/hobby. I can't imagine what it takes to purchase these remotely and get things arranged for shipping and all that is involved with getting these to your home. Good luck with those beauties!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

gorgeous studes.
      1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Wow, very impressive. I like the center one best...do they need to be converted to RHD?, or have the authorities relaxed about that issue? Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks for posting that great pic Brian.

I was beginning to wonder if my former '64 Daytona Hardtop was now a underwater fish hatchery by now!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

In response to Junior's question - LHD vehicles 30 years or older can stay LHD. New ones such as the SUV's and Mustangs, Chrysler Challengers etc are converted upon arrival to meet Aussie requirements.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
              In response to Junior's question - LHD vehicles 30 years or older can stay LHD. New ones such as the SUV's and Mustangs, Chrysler Challengers etc are converted upon arrival to meet Aussie requirements.
              Great pic, thanks for posting Brian. It is odd to see my car in Australia, a place I've never been to myself.

The blue '64--did it arrive?
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill,
                I spoke to the new owner of the '63 Skytop at our SCCA meeting here in Melbourne last Monday night & he seemed pretty excited that his car was arriving by ship into Melbourne during the week. He spoke of his communications with you.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                MELBOURNE.

Comment

Thanks Brent, it's probably more work for me this end for I usually unpack my own containers, as for the US side of the transporting, it's only really a matter of having a reliable company who know what they are doing when packing a four car container and my other buddy handles the logistics side of things. There are plenty of companys importing cars, but there are also some horror stories to tell. I saw two vehicles being unpacked last week which had come adrift on the way over, one a really nice 76 6.6 Trans Am, there was nothing left of the front or the rear of the car.
                  Bill the blue 64 is being freighted to Brisbane to my good friend Matt (aussie hawk) as we speak along with a 47 M5 pickup, he ended up buying for his son. I am sure Matt will post some pics when he receives it.
                  Stude Rich, tell Mike I am very happy with the 64 GT, it is a real solid project, to bad they sanded off the original paint prior to Mike buying it, would have been good to see it in it's original condition.

Brian.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

We should try and figure out how many Studebakers we have shipped over to Australia in the past 10 years that is about the time most started going over , I say the cars Brian before they got shipped nice one to say the least, ...Bob
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                      /Cut/I say the cars Brian before they got shipped nice one to say the least, ...Bob
                      Bob, does this mean you SEE the Cars before they leave? Also which one is the "nice one"? Not that they are ALL not nice of course!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I knew the '64 Daytona convertible was going to a good home!
                        Jerry Blount

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                          I knew the '64 Daytona convertible was going to a good home!
                          Jerry Blount
                          Hi Jerry, hope you are doing well, your 64 Convertiable has a 4 barrell AFB now, dual exhaust and quick ratio steering arms, its a fun thing to drive now along with the powershift.
                          Brian
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the complements. That hawk was one solid car I wish I had the time for, and when the white 64 hardtop left, we made room for the blue one. We did get it going in time to drive it on DYSD and it was nice to have the space to do it. ------ When we cleaned a spot for the blue car, we found that #@%! driver side trim panel for the white car.

MIKE

Comment

Working...
                            X