Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas in the 50's (Stude Content)

Traveling from Oak Cliff to Dallas.

A pickup being used as normal in the day. Pickups were for tradespeople and businesses, not generally used as regular transportation.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Part of what makes this photo special is that is was taken underway and is not posed/staged. Photograph with film usually required a steady platform to avoid blurred images and due to the expense most photos were of specific subjects at specific events. So a random clear image of traffic and a skyline taken while driving/riding is fairly unique (IMO). Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I believe that's a 1950-51 coupe in front of the pickup once I figured out that the bus is shading most of the coupe and that the truck's mirror head puts a big round black dot right in the middle of the coupe trunk lid.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
          I believe that's a 1950-51 coupe in front of the pickup once I figured out that the bus is shading most of the coupe and that the truck's mirror head puts a big round black dot right in the middle of the coupe trunk lid.
          After enlarging the picture, I agree. What are the odds that two Studebakers would get in a random picture of the street? Not something you see very often.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X