Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to know what this engine came in; V58594. Discovered it in a 58 Scotsman 2dr wagon.
    Also, We need a driver's side quarter panel, hood and chrone trim, lower valance panels for theScotsman, new or straight used.
    KIm
    hudsonbaker@myexcel.com

Unless the number is incorrect, it looks like a 1951 232 V8

Comment

Where was the number on the block, front left corner or rear near the base of the distributer? 259 should be front and 232 at the rear.

Comment

Are you starting another stude project Kim?
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Project

Tom,
          Wagon belongs to a Hudson buddy and he's been tellin me about 58 Sctsman wagon. He didn't know what the engine was, just a big V8. He wants it done, but don't know if I want to take it on. It only has surface rust and no rust holes not even the factory rust options. But it's beat up, been hit on the driver's side and been loaded with filler.
          To those who are trying to answer my question about engines origin, I know what a full flow block is. Studebakers have been in my family since 1960, I know where serial numbers are on Stude blocks. It is a 63/64 Full Flow 259, I was just curios about what it came out of. I didn't have anything to write with, so I asked the owner to put number in his phone and email it to me, so a number could have been omitted.
          Thanks,
          Kim

Comment

Working...
          X