New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

I thought I'd start a post to say hello. I just bought a 49 Studebaker pickup last Saturday. The body is not to bad. Has allot of rust inside the cab needs pretty much the whole floor replaced including the step areas and the cab mounts. The fenders and doors have some rust but the repairable. The hood is pretty much shot. The bed is in good shape except for the bed floor.
    I'm going to do all the rust repair first then I need to decide which way I want to go with the project.

Heres a pic of what I'm stating with.

I'm also looking for places to buy the rust repair panels. I have only been able to find one site so far which doesn't have all the parts I need.

Comment

Tracy if you could put in your profile where you are located it would help us to help you. Welcome to the forum.
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Welcome to the forum and have fun with your new toy.

Comment

Try Classic Enterprises, http://www.classicent.com/pickups.php. They should have what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
            Try Classic Enterprises, http://www.classicent.com/pickups.php. They should have what you need.
            This was the place I had found. The only thing they don't have for the cab I need is the piece that goes from the step up to the floor. So I guess I'll have to make that piece. I also need a hood if anyone know where to get one of those.

Comment

Tracy,
              Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club? The ultimate resource.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                Tracy,
                Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club? The ultimate resource.
                No I thought thats what this was.

Comment

You have a starting point that is miles ahead of mine. What parts that can't be purchased can usually be handmade using door and roof panels from an old junker. New car metal doesn't work as good due to it's chemical make-up. Most truck panels are easy to duplicate as they are basically flat.
                  GOOD LUCK!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1535.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1670702

Comment

Originally posted by xtrmes View Post
                    No I thought that's what this was.
                    Welcome to the forum! Cute truck; easy to work on, and you seem to have a good start.

This is SDC's Official Forum, but is not actually the club itself. Click on the appropriiate link to join SDC right away. Bob Palma
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

to go with what Mr. Palma said, upon joining the SDC, you'll get the monthly magazine, "Turning Wheels" which is "worth the price of admission". in the mag, you'll find many vendors in the classified section that aren't on the internet, and you'll probably find most everything you need!!!
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Welcome....great find keep us posted on your progress..

Comment

Welcome to the forum! And definitely don't be disuaded.... you truck is definitely further ahead than my 40, so it is all relative!!! You will enjoy it here, even if you are just reading. I am very glad I joined and the members are great... They are all resources/fonts of knowledge... AND, most importantly... ready and willing to help with advice, part location and so much more!

Comment

You might also want to register your truck on the 2R Registry, http://2rtruck.need-a-geek.com/ . It's free!
                            Rick
                            Kingman, AZ

Comment

Well today I happened into a direct by just plan faith. I was at a customers house today which was flooded out by hurricane Irene in her garage was a 40th anniversary 95 Mercury Cougar with 12,000 miles on it. The flood destroyed her garage which was under 20 feet of water and left the car floating around the inside of the garage. Once the flood waters receded it left 4 feet of mud in the garage and inside the car covered in slimy mud. Anyways I bought the car for $400 and I am going to take the drive train from the car which is a EFI 302, auto trans and an independent rear suspension.
                              I'm going to rebuild the motor, trans and the rear diff because I'm sure they look as bad as the car inside. This gives me a cheap drive train for cheap plus a very nice ride I can drive anyplace since I want this to be a driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X