Barn Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn Find

Ok everyone who has stumbled onto a real barn find I have one here for you. Its a 61 Lark VI. After months of trying to contact the proper people I was able to get ahold of a person who has the most say in the ownership of the car, we have the previous property owner and two partners that have bought the property and want the mess to go away,
    aready hauled out a truck load of sheet metal and stuff. I'm thinking this 44,000 mile car could use a little washing and maybe align the headlights and it'll be good to go!!!
    Tom

sigpic

You could probably sell the crate for more than the car
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Came away with more than one crate, and alot of 1955 Packard dealership sales material. But only about half of that was savageable from the varmits and moisture.
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

let me give the 1st obligatory:

"just needs a lark shine"!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Also from the stash in the barn, believe its from a Packard hardtop.
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

that'll buff out
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

OW, that stopped fast! Wonder why it was put in a barn instead of just junked?

I have the same car, only a VIII, stick without O/D that had been rolled in PA in 1967 and put in a wood-floored barn. Again, no logical reason to save a plain-Jane, unpopular 6YO car, but somebody did.

Currently it's still stored inside, but now it's because the floors are stunningly perfect, and I'm preserving them for future use in a special car like a convertible or something.

Sometimes there's no guessing what someone's motivations are... like the 69 Camaro Pace Car Convertible I watched literally rot into a wet backyard, in spite of my twice-a-year begging attempts to buy it. But that's another story...
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

We have a guy up our way that has a 56 G/H,58 Scotsman,58 Pres.H/T,62 GT & 57 Packard all outside & sinking into the ground a real sad sight as right now I believe a few are salvagble.

Oh yah & a 61 Lark 8 4dr.

Comment

Working...
                X