No announcement yet.

Need help locating a Tung- Sol A229S signal flasher fuse.--2 Prong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Need help locating a Tung- Sol A229S signal flasher fuse.--2 Prong

Hello everyone.

I have a 1955 Studebaker Commander 2 door sedan,late 55 model.(16G8F2)-

My flasher unit is a TUNG-SOL - A229-S --6 volt--2 prong.
    My understanding is that only the 1955 models had the 2 prong flashers.

I looked on NAPA-s site and only found 3 prong units.

Can someone help me locate the A-229 flasher?

Thanks

55CMNDR

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

On my 55 all that was avalable at the time where 3 prong so I made 2 short wire leads and used 2 of the prongs on the flasher. That was 4-5 yrs ago still works fine sorry I can't remember witch prongs to use you will find it. Almost forgot then zip tie the flasher to something close.

Comment

My local NAPA gave me a wiring diagram [hand done] that showed the correct way to use a three prong flasher on a two prong setup. The jumpers were already done on my 55 so it was a plug in for me.
        South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

You could try:

Shows a three prong in the picture, but the ad copy says it can be used as a two prong and comes with instructions.

Comment

I bought a couple of the two pronged eBay ones and the one I installed is working fine. The prongs didn't match up, but a couple of short wires and some tape...Voila!
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I have several Tung-sol A229S flashers, these are NOS units with the Studebaker label (part number 536389) on the Tung-sol boxes.

The only problem is I'm in Mass and the parts are in VT and it will be a week or so before I would be able to send anything out.

If you're interested send me an email: dpson1954@comcast.net .
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...
              X