World Wide Drive Your Studebaker Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Wide Drive Your Studebaker Day?

Hey, just throwing this out there...on Sat. when I was fueling up my Stude for IDYSD I got talking to a guy who came over to have a look-see at my car. When I explained to him that I was out for IDYSD he was surprised at how many members the SDC has, and surprised that there are chapters literally all over the world. Then he said that the club should have named it World Wide Drive Your Studebaker Day as he figured that International Drive Your Studebaker Day made him think it was an American-Canadian thing only. I didn't give this too much thought at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think he has a point. What do you folks think? Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Here's your opportunity.
    Grab the idea, run with it, promote it to the management, and make it happen.
    You can make a difference!
    Jeff

Originally posted by junior View Post
    Hey, just throwing this out there...on Sat. when I was fueling up my Stude for IDYSD I got talking to a guy who came over to have a look-see at my car. When I explained to him that I was out for IDYSD he was surprised at how many members the SDC has, and surprised that there are chapters literally all over the world. Then he said that the club should have named it World Wide Drive Your Studebaker Day as he figured that International Drive Your Studebaker Day made him think it was an American-Canadian thing only. I didn't give this too much thought at first, but the more I think about it, the more I think he has a point. What do you folks think? Junior.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Somewhere- deep deep in the bowls (yuck!!!) of the IDYSD Forum~

there is a thread where this very discussion was had...

honest- it happened!!!
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

How about "Drive Your Studebaker Around the World"?
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
          How about "Drive Your Studebaker Around the World"?
          WOW.... That would be a long trip!!!!
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
          X