Pretty good day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good day.

Got up this morning and drove over to Dan Miller's place, home of the Road Race Lark and picked up an engine block for Jim McCuan. Then over to Lake Junaluska, North Carolina for the Tri State Meet. Spotted the McClouds with their '58 Commander "Christine", so I walked over and tried to buy the car. Unfortunately she isn't for sale.

In the spirit of Drive Your Studebaker Day, James tossed me the keys to Christine and like slipping into a well broken in pair of shoes, I drove her a couple of miles and thanked James for making my day. He responded with "Thank YOU for making my high school years! I love this car!" So then he made my day twice.

Since I'm the one that resealed the engine in the car, I asked 'em how much oil she leaked.. They replied "None at all so far!" I think my first ever Stude V8 reseal job deserves some bragging rights for not leaking.

All in all a GREAT day, I always enjoy seeing the North Carolina gang. Some of the best people you could ever meet. Spent a lot of time talking with both George Ritenour and Jim Geary; always a true pleasure to see either of them.

Then had dinner in downtown Atlanta with a friend, which was nice since I had forgotten to eat all day. Somehow Studebaker meets get too busy to stop for lunch.

Now, I'm tired. I'll toss up some pictures tomorrow.
    Last edited by mbstude; 09-10-2011, 08:25 PM.

looking forward to the pics, matthew...

how i wished i was there!!!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

R1 GT Hawk with well over 400K miles.

Debut of Dwight Swanson's latest project.

Comment

That is a great location!
        (and I am a convert from the old Holiday Inn..now Clarion..up by the airport in Asheville)
        Weather looks a ton better than last year..
        Wish I were there...
        Jeff
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

thanks for the pics, matthew!

good to see "christine", james and jamie made it!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
          X