Getting Ready for the Big Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Ready for the Big Day

Well I must be excited about IDYSD as I woke up at 3:48 am and could not get back to sleep. Now I am sitting here at my computer looking out at my truck, waiting for it to get light enough to go out and wash it before we head off on another tour with our SDC chapter.
    Happy IDYSD!
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Brian

I am not quite as excited about Drive Your Studebaker Day as you are, I slept until 7am. I am just about to head out to the car, to ready things for our Chapter Meet at the Drive-in this evening. By the time you get back from your tour, the day may almost be over. I hope it was worth getting up so early.

I hope that safe motoring is had today by all of you out there in your Studebakers.

Comment

I too, am at my computer awaiting the clock to get around so that I might meet a couple of other Studebakers for breakfast. After that a couple of us will head to our local favorite body shop, hang out and drink coffee untl tiime to link up for lunch at another location.
      Weathr in Chcago is a little overcast, but dry. I may get to try the heater a little this morning and windows all down by the afternoon.
      HAVE FUN

Comment

I'm at work right now, drove "Pretty", our 61 Hawk to work.

Comment

oil changed, battery charged, tires checked, defroggers reinstalled, rainxed windshield and ready to fly rain or shine!
          http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

I plan to drive the 56J to take my daughter about 65 miles to violin practice around 2PM. Then while she's there I plan to swing by and see kinfolk up the road about 30 miles, then pick up my daughter and head home around 5PM. All total will be around 200 miles today. But today is just another day driving Studes. I have probably logged at least 10,000 miles on Studes so far this year, as I have most years since 1985. Sure glad I don't have to wait for one special day to drive them.

Comment

I woke at 8am, whispered happy anniversary in Caroline's ear (we met on this day 5 years ago) and asked her if she wanted to go to the Starbuck's where we first met for a morning coffee. I hopped into the shower and pulled the Hawk out of the shop within a few minutes. We drove downtown (burned a few tires through all the gears with that 4.56:1 differential on the way) and reminisced our first meeting of me standing beside my Hawk in front of Starbuck's waiting for her to arrive. It's a beautiful morning here in Southern Ontario with bright blue skies and a wonderful day to be out in our Studebaker. Have a great IDYSD!

Allen
              1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
              PSMCDR 2013
              Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Nice story on love, Studebaker-R2-4me

Comment

started the day receiving a phone call about the '40 for sale ad on CL. seemed interested, got my address, etc. said he'd come by this afternoon.

i've had the feeling i've been punched in the gut since then . i drove down to the kure beach pier and took a walk... fishing is picking up. in the parking area, as usual, people coming up talking grandpas' and uncles' (hope that's the right place to put the apostrophe ) studes, hudsons, furds, etc... a nice morning!!!

still have the "gut punched" feeling, but all will be ok...
                  besides there's a bullet nose for sale in town. may be able to get it, if i can talk the owner down in price a bit... if the '40 goes...

p.s. - wish i was up in the mountains at the tri-state meet!!!
                  Last edited by Corvanti; 09-10-2011, 09:05 AM. Reason: misspelled furd
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Recently returned from the Indy Chapter IDYSD on the south side of Indy. Left at 9 am this morning, drove to Shelbyville In (about 60 miles) then headed over to Southern Plaza and met up with the rest of teh Indy Chapter members, about 18 Studes showed up. Great day drove a total of about 150 miles

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

I had doubts I was going to make it out today, but after wrestling through the morning getting rid of a couple of pesky brake leaks, I took the '53 out for her first decent cruise. it was only about 3 or 4 miles, and she didn't want to start up at the gas station in the middle (but finally did), she threw a hubcap (which I was able to retrieve) and ran a little hot--but she drove and stopped just fine.

I had a blast.
                      Dave Nevin
                      Corvallis, OR
                      1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Did a nice drive today with the Yellow POS...
                        Made a two camera video, that is boring 96% of the time and humorous 3% of the time.
                        I'll try to edit the boring out of it and post it later on today.....
                        In the meantime...
                        I think I'll put the GoPro camera on my helmet, climb in 'The Black Car' and make racing engine vroom vroom noises......
                        Jeff
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It was nestalgia drag racing at Cayuga drag strip today , they had a car show so i took the Champ truck to the show....only Studebaker there but had lots of good comments on the truck from the race people.
                          Lots of old race cars there as well as the faster 6 second cars .....WOW
                          After seeing all those today next weekend Staton drags may put me to sleep !<g>

Anyways it was a fun day and we got a Stude out as well .
                          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I went out about 200 miles today. Sadly, did not see any other Studes on the road. My 9 year old son swears he saw what sounds like a Champ today though in ELizabethtown, KY. My wife thought he must be seeing things, then I told here about IDYSD. My son spends lots of time in the garage with me playing with the Hawks. He doesn't know much about Stude trucks, but if he says he saw a Stude I'm willing to bet money he did! Besides, he said it said "Studebaker" right accross the tailgate. He said it looked a lot like one I've been watching on ebay (1963 Champ).

Comment

Drove Sarah to a cruise-in a few counties over at a shopping mall.This was no regular cruise night however; this was the big 9/11 judged show.I was kind of embarassed, but there were several other "hound-dogs" in attendence.I did get several positive comments about the car, and that lifted my spirits.The people were great, and the entrance fee was well worth it.There was a flag-raising ceremony,a color guard,the reciting of the Pledge,the singing or our National Anthem and even some PRAYERS.Sorry to go off on a tangent, but it really touched my heart.Met some really nice people,too.Sarah drove great both ways.The headlights were kind of dim and the dash lights didn't come on til I was a few miles down the road.Heck, even the 8-track player worked well! I'll have to do some re-wiring in the off-season.I was glad I had a chance to take her out today and do my thing for IDYSD!!

Comment

Working...
                              X