Stuck window 56 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Stuck window 56 Hawk

So I've got the door panel off the passenger side door, but can't make head's or tails of the mechanism. I can barely get my big hand in there to feel around. It seems like the window is in the forward and rear tracks. I can push/pull the window up about 1/2 inch, but it refuses to go down at all. The window itself is about 1/2 way down. The window crank handle won't budge past about 1/8 of a turn at best. Any ideas on what to do next?

You have a regulator for the window and also the door handle linkage to deal with. The body parts catalogue will show you a diagram of what you are dealing with. Some of those bolts may need some pursuasion. All channel felts, cat whiskers and rubbers are available, as well as regulators. S.I. has parts catalogue reprints, as do many SDC vendors.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Probably you knickers (felt in the channel runs) have come apart and gotten themselves in a bind.
      Time to dis-assemble and replace worn channels.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I've had good results by cleaning out the old worn material in the channels & glueing in velcro to replace the worn felt. Inside the door nobody would know the difference & on the vent window (Hawks dont use felt there unless its a coupe) who would look to see its velcro?
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X