X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime at the Studebaker Museum

There goes the neighborhood!!
    Hope this is not a trend....

southbendtribune.com/news/sbt-gunpoint-threat-reported-on-sunday-20110907,0,2163855.story

southbendtribune.com

Gunpoint threat reported on Sunday

1:48 PM EDT, September 7, 2011

SOUTH BEND -- A couple from Little Rock, Ark., reported being threatened at gunpoint shortly after they left the Studebaker Museum on Sunday night, police said.

The couple said they were walking in the 1000 block of West Jefferson Boulevard when three juveniles riding bikes and wearing dark-colored hoodies approached them.

Two of them pointed guns at the couple, who tried to walk away, according to a police report.

The juveniles reportedly ordered the couple to give them money or they would shoot. Police said, however, nothing was stolen.
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

That neighborhood is NOT the nicest area in South Bend, and is known for crime.

Craig

Comment

Maybe the Museum should park a Marshall out front to deter the little delinquents!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

If they are brandishing firearms, then they aren't delinquents, and might end up shot themselves. Out and out criminality is what it is.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Sad to say, but that area is one of the roughest in town. I'm about fearless and that is one place you don't want to be after dark!
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Is there a reason ya-all built the Stude Museum in the roughest part of South Bend ? ! .

Comment

If they are wearing a hood they need to met Smith & Wesson. I have them for a security system.
              Last edited by Carl Purdy; 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

There's nothing more dangerous, to me, than teenagers carrying guns. That's a toxic mix. Scary.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                  Is there a reason ya-all built the Stude Museum in the roughest part of South Bend ? ! .
                  CHEAP real estate??!?

Craig

Comment

I used to live 2 blocks from the museum in my younger days. Had my house burgerlized twice. To top it off I had a 442 convertible in the garage and someone stole the 4 speed trans from it. One day I was in the garage and seen the drive shaft on the floor and said what the hell is that doing there. Fine area.

Comment

Here's one for you to consider/ponder:

A pharmacy in Oklahoma City is held up by two juveniles. The pharmacist shoots one of the suspects, and this (unarmed) suspect drops to the floor, unconscious.

The pharmacist leaves the store, in pursuit of the other suspect, and pops a couple of caps at him.

Couldn't catch/didn't shoot that suspect (or, thankfully any innocent bystanders,) and returns to inside of the store.

Walks right past the downed (unarmed, unconscious) suspect, goes back behind the counter, picks up another gun, goes back to the downed (unarmed, unconscious) suspect, and pumps 5 additional rounds into the downed (unarmed, unconscious) suspect.

The DA charged the pharmacist with murder, and the jury finds him guilty.

Right, or wrong?

Oh... and... two adult gang members were convicted of murder, also... for hiring/influencing the juveniles to do the robbery.

One of these, "adult" suspects said, "I'm innocent. A innocent man is going to prison for something he ain't did."

(I really don't think he was from around here.)

(See if you can get past the fact that the first shot was absolutely righteous, that the suspect deserved to die, and the pharmacist was portrayed by his lawyer as a "war hero.")

Self defense, or "I'm the judge, jury, and executioner" murder?

Video: (Please forgive the short advertisement, I would make it go away, if I could.)

More fodder for you to consider:

Last edited by Studedude; 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                        Because The Northern Indiana Center for History was already on that footprint, among other things. It was easy to place the new SNM on the other side of a central service area with Admission Desk and such, as that whole history campus is now arranged with a common parking lot, etc.

Actually, the area is becoming ever so slowly gentrified and I don't believe it is as bad as it was several years before the new Studebaker National Museum was built. I will, however, defer to those living in the immediate areas, if they attest otherwise.

It just seems nicer than it was, at least. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Perhaps some one bedroom condos with twelve car garages could be built to entice some club members into moving in and improving the neighborhood. <G>
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaBear View Post
                            Perhaps some one bedroom condos with twelve car garages could be built to entice some club members into moving in and improving the neighborhood. <G>
                            I'm up for that!

(What's Her Face isn't.)
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

I guess if you’re not from South Bend you wouldn’t know you don’t get caught on Chapin Street after dark. Come to think of it, during the day might not be too safe either. Why they built there, ????? But then parts of Little Rock aren’t very safe either.

Dick
                              Mountain Home, AR
                              http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X