Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Not Mine.

Ouch. I wonder how that front end would get past the Historic Preservation Czars? <GGG> BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Why? Different By Design!

Comment

That early Mustang hood looks funny. The whole car looks funny.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

I built that car. It was a lot of work, and I really thought it looked great. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to make it all come together.

Somebody posted it on a hot rod forum and some people started making fun of it. It was so hurtful I have decided to list it on eBay and get rid of it. I apologize to the real craftsmen in the club; it was never my intention to make a car that offended anyone's sensibilities.

The reserve is well below what I have invested, not counting the hours. Will also trade for interesting stamps.
          Last edited by Bob Andrews; 09-06-2011, 06:48 PM.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Seen here before. Ripped on then, too. Remember, someone speculated that the front fenders were Jaguar? Previously for sale in the SF Bay Area. Now in Escalon which is north of Modesto.

Last edited by kurtruk; 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM. Reason: Is the eBay seller's middle initial "M"? That leaves the last name...:)
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              I built that car. It was a lot of work, and I really thought it looked great. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to make it all come together.

Somebody posted it on a hot rod forum and some people started making fun of it. It was so hurtful I have decided to list it on eBay and get rid of it. I apologize to the real craftsmen in the club; it was never my intention to make a car that offended anyone's sensibilities.

The reserve is well below what I have invested, not counting the hours. Will also trade for interesting stamps.
              No worries Bob, I love the car and will drive up to your place in the A.M. with 10K in cash, just air up the tires and check the fluids. /

BTW, the / is a "sarc" tag.
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                No worries Bob, I love the car and will drive up to your place in the A.M. with 10K in cash, just air up the tires and check the fluids. /
                $10K? When will you have the other 10?

And, you're not paying attention. There are no fluids. As the listing clearly states, there is no engine, only a motor.
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

II didn't realize you to be so talented Bob. Why would you not open up a custom shop like the Brian Friedlinghouse West Coast Customs.? cheers jimmijim
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Shoulda just bought a Volvo.

Comment

We all do thing differently.
                      Mine was a Car B Que,
                      because the car was not worth restoring.

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                        Seen here before. Ripped on then, too. Remember, someone speculated that the front fenders were Jaguar? Previously for sale in the SF Bay Area. Now in Escalon which is north of Modesto.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/cto/2520537581.html
                        Interesting that the Craigs List ad does not have a picture of the front end. Maybe you could get it cheaper this way and just replace the front end. Or maybe you like it that way. It's still a Studebaker.

If whoever buys it is looking for a local club, we're not that far away. We'll give you some love....
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Maybe it's because I've had the Frua Lark in my shop for as long as I have,
                          but this 'European look' is starting to not look half bad to me...

Thank goodness that Frua is going away this weekend~
                          it's starting to cloud my judgement, and make me question my sanity!!!!
                          Last edited by StudeDave57; 09-07-2011, 10:09 AM. Reason: added words
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Actually the front end is kinda Larkish.

If you added a reveal line or two to accent the grill, like 60-70's Mustangs to fill the empty space between it and the head lights and ditch the outer parking/turn lights, it wouldn't look half bad.

Bob
                            Last edited by sweetolbob; 09-07-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

"Why?" Because it is his and it is different.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser
                              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                              X