ID/Referral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: ID/Referral

Okay...I started a discussion a few years ago (here; http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...106#post575106) and here we are 4 years later. I am hoping to identify the Studebaker truck which was my Grandfathers. It has been parked for quite some time and, like everything else in life, it has taken longer than expected to get around to restoring it. The VIN plate says M5-13. Max gross weight 4500lbs. The plate is not on the pillar, it is riveted to the seat base. Do not know the year.

In addition to identifying it, I need to be able to get into contact with someone who can work on the tranny and engine. I believe it unlikely that I would have easy access to parts to do these rebuilds myself.

I will post some more pics here; https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...1548114F7F!280

Any feedback is welcomed.
    Last edited by skydiver; 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM. Reason: Dead link to pics

If you post the actuaal serial number, someone will tell you what year your truck is. Your truck is either a 1941, 42, 46, 47 or 48 model M5 pickup with a 169.6 cubic inch Champion 6-cylinder engine and a 113-inch wheelbase. There were very few changes during its period of production. The same Champion engine was used in Studebaker passenger cars of that period and remained in production in two different displacements until 1960. The transmission was built by Warner Gear. All engine parts are readily available through a variety of vendors:

It might be helpful to tell us where you live.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

S/N

The Serial number is 37770. I blacked it out from the pictures since I don't like to share alot of information (in general) online. Oh, and I would like someone who does drivetrain work in the NS/SC/VA areas. I could use someone further, but woudl like to stay as close as possible.
      Last edited by skydiver; 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM. Reason: Geography

Comment

Nova Scotia is no where near either South Carolina or Virginia!

Comment

If you mean M5-37770, it's a 1947 model. The range for 1947 was M5-19053 through M5-42429.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Don't know if he is still around, nobody has heard from him for a long time, but you could try Studeman Ray Fichthorn at ray-linn restoration:

This website is for sale! raylinrestoration.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, raylinrestoration.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

or there's always Westmoreland (Craig Piper). He is in Pennsylvania:

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver View Post
              The Serial number is 37770. I blacked it out from the pictures since I don't like to share alot of information (in general) online. Oh, and I would like someone who does drivetrain work in the NS/SC/VA areas. I could use someone further, but woudl like to stay as close as possible.
              I believe he meant to type NC for North Carolina instead of NS.

Comment

Bill Cathcart restores the Champion engines!
                Studebill1@wmconnect.com

Comment

Working...
                X