No announcement yet.

why is this thread closed...any photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is this thread closed...any photos?

Why is this thread closed? Does anyone have any photos of the blower/fan and hose routing for dual underseat heater cores...just wondering as I have never seen this set up before. This was really the only post I could find using the search function on the forum for dual or twin heater cores. Just wondering for general info puroses. Thanks, junior

sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Good Morning Junior
    I was trying to talk to you about tire sizes again, as I could not remember what you finally came up with.
    But while I was waiting for you to notice me.
    I found you old post through a search.
    How are you liking the handeling and what backspaces do you have fronnt & rear??
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I have an auxiliary heater under the seat on driver's side of my 56J. I bought it NOS from Tom Karc. many years ago, and it works great. I agree with most, that the heater under the passenger side works well, but Studes hardtop need a little help at say, 20 degrees and colder. I have driven that 56J at -20 degrees (dry roads), and it's warm as toast thanks to the aux heater. Without the aux heater, I'd have been in a coat with stocking cap on my head.
      Nowdays, thanks to modern technology, an underseat aux heater is not needed if you have AC with the underdash evaporator that includes a heater element. Ther's a rumor been going round for years that the evaporator is not big enough, so one much choose between AC and aux heater. This is untrue, with the half dozen or so units I have installed. The heater works great, as does the AC; all from the same box.
      Joe H

Comment

On topic....

Originally posted by junior View Post
        Why is this thread closed?
        I'd guess it was closed because it's as old as it is. What is really odd is that it doesn't have a bunch of duplicate posts to it like alot of the ones from the old Forum do.

I too would be interested in pictures of a car with dual heater cores. One plan I had for my Parkview was to use the regular underseat core, and then add the firewall mounted box heater I have from my old Scotsman wagon. Wagons have A LOT of area to heat- and I think that would work pretty good, eh?
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
          I too would be interested in pictures of a car with dual heater cores. One plan I had for my Parkview was to use the regular underseat core, and then add the firewall mounted box heater I have from my old Scotsman wagon. Wagons have A LOT of area to heat- and I think that would work pretty good, eh?
          sounds like a good idea...my opinion is you can never be too warm in a car...at least in my climate. I'd like to see how the coolant hoses and one monster 4" duct hose was routed to the driver's side from the passenger side for the aux. heater core....hopefully someone has a photo or sketch that dealships used when installing them...or were they factory installed. Thanks, Junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

It does not have a 4" hose connected to it, as the passenger side heater does, because it is not force fed. The core is under the seat, and the motor sticks out below the car. It draws air from inside the car, and the hot air exits front & rear of the core, blowing out toward the back seat, and behind the driver's feet, nice and toasty. The hoses are below the car, and tuck in tightly to cross the tunnel and 'T' into the passenger side heater hoses.
            I will take pix if ever get a chance.
            Joe H

Comment

Dave is correct - that old thread is closed because it's old! Thread necromancy is generally frowned upon

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                It does not have a 4" hose connected to it, as the passenger side heater does, because it is not force fed. The core is under the seat, and the motor sticks out below the car. It draws air from inside the car, and the hot air exits front & rear of the core, blowing out toward the back seat, and behind the driver's feet, nice and toasty. The hoses are below the car, and tuck in tightly to cross the tunnel and 'T' into the passenger side heater hoses.
                I will take pix if ever get a chance.
                Joe H
                Hi Junior
                Joe has discribed it correctly. Sandi's Hawkhad this set up in it when we got it.
                I took it all out! This is the Okanagan!! Need I say more??
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Okay, I get it now....makes a lot more sense then I originally thought with some monster 4" hose crossing the floorpan at some point. were these ever factory installed, or just installed at the dealer? Thanks for the info. Regards, Junior
                  sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                  X