PDA

View Full Version : Transmission: od trouble

scoutergord
09-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Back again still haven't got my od working"Attatched wires as suggested and have all od funtions except kickdown I wiil check switch for function and linkage anything else?

Dwain G.
09-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I previously referred you to a earlier post with a service letter in it. I eventually realized that switch won't work for a '58, so I sent you a private forum email offering a pdf of the 1958 OD troubleshooting and wiring diagram. You may not have received that email. If you want the pdf I'll need your addy. I don't think a pdf can be sent throught the forum messaging.

scoutergord
09-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Sorry no I didnt get it I'm At soutergord@gmail.com Thanks

starlightchamp
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Some checks to make. Make sure the OD crank arm is all the way to the rear. Put cars voltage plus lead to the
solenoid input wire-it should give a loud click. If no click -replace or restore it. One usual culprit is the governor
on the opposite side of tranny.
Remove it using a 1 1/2" open end wrench. Spin it up with a drill and see that the points are being closed by the
fly wheel as they move forward. Mine was near frozen but a bit of PbBlaster and working back and forth, freed it up.
The governor must ground out the attached lead which tells the relay to energize the solenoid.
Dick Curtis