Life in BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in BC

here is a little slice of my life for you.... Bob's Sunday adventure.........a round trip of about 400 miles........driving a 1950 Studebaker Champion

All day Sunday was spent traveling and enjoying my little car show I
    attended. It was held in a town named Vanderhoof, BC...... which earned the name of Hooterville, way back when.... remember "Green Acres"?

So I attended the Hooterville Hoot! It was an absolutely beautiful
    morning! Started out at about 6 am, in order to get there on time.....
    we're talking a 3 hour drive..... in a 57 year old car.... with no modern conveniences that we take for granted.... power steering, brakes, cruise control... air conditioning? radio? I think the radio works, but there are no more AM radio stations around here....

Right out of town, I saw a black bear in the ditch.... cool start to the trip!

I love car shows! old friendships can be renewed and new friendships started.... having an old car means listening to many stories from people who grew up with a car like that, or had an old uncle that had one, etc...... and every one is pleasurable to hear......

After a few hours of showing and shining, most of the participants head to another town a little further east, named Fraser Lake. Down at the lake park, a picnic and door prize drawing takes place. This was my first event, and the couple that does it has been doing it for many years. What a great job they do! I'm looking forward to next year already!

Funny thing... my old car had a few oil leaks, so I had some extra in the trunk.... but guess who won a case of oil as a door prize? perfect!!! now I didn't have to worry about the trip home!

Trip home was a little bit harder..... it was hot! We are spoiled by air conditioning! I sure wasn't... LOL, but I did have a cooler full of ice water and juices.....no wobbly pops.... too far a drive....

Made it home about 9:30 pm.... all in all, a very pleasurable day.....
    driving a 57 year old car, making new friends, seeing a little bit of the country, all in all a pleasurable experience!

Bob

'50 Champion Starlight
    '71 Swiss 404 Unimog
    \1941 Buick Touring Sedan Twin Carb
    \'71 Swiss 404 Unimog

Fraser Lake? Anywhere near Penticton? Have some friends up there. Comming up from the south and seeing the lake enough to bring you to your knees. Haven't been there since the 70's, like everything else it has unlikley changed.

Comment

Fraser Lake? Anywhere near Penticton? Have some friends up there. Comming up from the south and seeing the lake enough to bring you to your knees. Haven't been there since the 70's, like everything else it has unlikley changed.

Comment

Fraser Lake is 535 miles north of Penticton. But if you want to visit Penticton again, remember that September 14-16 will be our zone meet in that city.

Comment

Fraser Lake is 535 miles north of Penticton. But if you want to visit Penticton again, remember that September 14-16 will be our zone meet in that city.

Comment

What's a wobbly pop?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

What's a wobbly pop?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Beer.....

1964 Daytona
                glen Brose
                Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Beer.....

1964 Daytona
                  glen Brose
                  Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

About A/C in our old cars.Here is a direct quote from the 1956 Power and Economy book published by Newhouse Automotive Industries:
                    No need to install a $500 mechanical air conditioner for just the few days each year you will use it.Just use this little trick...close all the windows,then simply set a low pail filled with ice on the floor under the dash.Fresh air coming in through the hood vent will pass over the ice,cooling your car comfortably.
                    Who wants to try it first? When did Studebaker quit using a hood vent?
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

About A/C in our old cars.Here is a direct quote from the 1956 Power and Economy book published by Newhouse Automotive Industries:
                      No need to install a $500 mechanical air conditioner for just the few days each year you will use it.Just use this little trick...close all the windows,then simply set a low pail filled with ice on the floor under the dash.Fresh air coming in through the hood vent will pass over the ice,cooling your car comfortably.
                      Who wants to try it first? When did Studebaker quit using a hood vent?
                      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by showbizkid

What's a wobbly pop?

Smirnoff Ice, Bicardi Breezer, Mike's Hard Lemonade, et al.

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by showbizkid

What's a wobbly pop?

Smirnoff Ice, Bicardi Breezer, Mike's Hard Lemonade, et al.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bob
                            That's the fun part of living in our part of North America....lots of wildlife...though almost bagged a deer with the Avanti awhile back.
                            Now I'm waiting for a moose or bear (to see, not hit).

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bob
                              That's the fun part of living in our part of North America....lots of wildlife...though almost bagged a deer with the Avanti awhile back.
                              Now I'm waiting for a moose or bear (to see, not hit).

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X