Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive

Who rebuilds overdrive transmissions

I believe a fellow in PA does them..at least he did when I sold him 2 T96's last year......Nice fellow-deals in some pre-war stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
      I believe a fellow in PA does them..at least he did when I sold him 2 T96's last year......Nice fellow-deals in some pre-war stuff..
      Would that be Jerry Kurtz?

Hopefully some of the Indiana guys will know of someone closer than PA, although Jerry does excellent work.

I drove Jerry's '37 Coupe Express at the recent International, which had "his" overdrive transmission in it. Worked flawlessly.

Comment

Thanks, I have tried to figure out why the OD in my 57 wagon does not work. All of the electrical part works properly and the car freewheels but it will not shift into overdrive. The OD in my 51 champion works great but not the wagon. I am ready to buy another unit or get the one I have rebuilt.

Comment

Sounds like your solenoid is not working.

Comment

If the "Electrical parts" of your Overdrive were working properly, it would shift into Overdrive.

You need to follow the troubleshooting "tree" flowchart in the Shop Manual, to single out the defective part by process of elimination. It could be as simple as the fuse or a bad wire or wire connection.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X