another IDYSD opportunity in northern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another IDYSD opportunity in northern California

I just cemented the date of Saturday, Sept 10th 2011 for a road tour to Studebaker Cheesecake in Sonoma California. We wil assemble at the California Auto Museum in Sacramento and be prepared to leave by 8:30am. We will caravan to the Nut Tree Plaza in Vacaville and assemble in the parking lot by PetSmart. Nut Tree is right where Interstate 505 connects with I 80.

We will then caravan to the In and Out Burger in Napa where we will leave for Sonoma by 10:30.

It is open to anyone with a Studebaker but please RSVP via pm so I can have a reasonable count for our host. This is not a Karel Staple event and we are hoping to have members from sister clubs and non members join us. Please include your name, how many are attending, your Studebaker, and a contact cell phone number.

If you didn't know, Studebaker cheesecakes are a delicacy in our area that can be purchased at select locations only. I intend to find out more about how to get your hands on one and will be sharing that information with the SDC.
    We have been enjoying them for several years now.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

I was recently back in Sonoma visiting (I grew up there) and boy was I surprised to see a Daytona convertible parked in front of The Studebaker Cheesecake store just off the square. Having grown up there driving one of the only Studebakers in town, it was great to see this new addition to the downtown landscape! I made my buddy stop so I could admire the convertible -I'm gussing it belongs to the owner as it was parked directly infront of the business for the week that I was there. I joked with my friend that I was going to approach the owner and try to trade some Studebaker parts for cheescake.

I'll be back for a wedding on the 10th. It's in Glen Ellen, but I'm staying just off the square. I will try to make it over. Would be great to see some cars. There are no Studebakers here on the island of Kauai, and I had to sell my '54 Commander and '63 Avanti last year

Comment

Stop by and say hi.

That was probably Rick Andersen's Daytona. He's a member of our club and a friend of Kevin, the owner. Rick helped set up this event.

Did the car look like this?

Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Yep -that's the one!

Looking it over I couldn't help but think of the '64 R1 4DR Daytona I owned for a while. Funny, I had always been a C/K kinda guy until I got that car.

Looking forward to the event.

~Will

Comment

Jon, We had a change in plans. We should be able to join you guys for this.

Pat
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Sorry you have to miss yours. I know how much you "dig" blues. Glad to see you are joining us. I was bummed out when I saw you had other plans. Are you going to join the convoy in Vacaville or Sac?
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Probably in Sac at the Museum. Are you going to send an email out to the Karel Staple membership?

Pat
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
              X