Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 Super Lark Build Sheet Anything look out of the ordinary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Super Lark Build Sheet Anything look out of the ordinary?

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Originally posted by 289stude View Post

Unless it's a trick question, it looks text book correct.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Is there supposed to be something wrong with it?

Looks OK to me.

A car like that would normally have a radio, but that's no big deal in that it apparently wasn't ordered with one. That's the only anomaly I see. No radio isn't "wrong," it's just unusual. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The ship and build dates are a bit conflicting, the serial no's are different in the description and the serial no. box, and what on earth is front and rear wings ? In
        England it's fenders, but this ?? John

Comment

There is often some descrepancy, sometimes quite a bit, between the three dates on any given build order: Written, To Be Shipped, and Final Assembly. There is no SOLD-RUSH notation on this order, so they got around to building it when it was convenient to do so.

"Wings" are the little end caps they put on 1962 and 1963 bumpers to make the bumpers appear to wrap further around the side of the car than they do. They weren't needed for 1964-1966 because the bumper was redesigned with enough "wrap" built in. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
            The ship and build dates are a bit conflicting, the serial no's are different in the description and the serial no. box, and what on earth is front and rear wings ? In
            England it's fenders, but this ?? John

They are the little add-on wraparound bumper end extensions that rust after a few months.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Nothing is supposed to be wrong I was just wondering if there was any little details that I may have overlooked since I'm not that versed in reading production orders.

Also what is vinyl trim and matching inserts?
              Last edited by 289stude; 08-26-2011, 12:43 PM.
              John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by 289stude View Post
                Nothing is supposed to be wrong I was just wondering if there was any little details that I may have overlooked since I'm not that versed in reading production orders.
                Nope, John; everything looks normal...but a full-package, Super Red, 1963 R2/Powershift Daytona hardtop is far from "normal." <GGG> BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Nope, John; everything looks normal...but a full-package, Super Red, 1963 R2/Powershift Daytona hardtop is far from "normal." <GGG> BP
                  I missed the 'missing' radio, but I think it's odd that a car like that doesn't say "SOLD RUSH" on the production order; that such a desirable car (and I mean it...wow!) would be built for stock!

I'll tell you what's missing...a Skytop!<GGGG>
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

"BKV" means "Black Vinyl", and 'Vinyl Trim' means all-vinyl instead of cloth inserts like was available.

"Matching inserts" in '63 was actually a no-cost option. On a Daytona (Cruiser, too), the all-vinyl interior came standard with white inserts. This notation means your interior was all-black vinyl, instead of black with white seat inserts. Although white inserts were standard (you won't see "White Inserts" on a production order), I bet as many were built with matching inserts as without.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

63V J8 3238. Is 3238 the number that would be on the metal cowl tag? Mine is missing I bought a 63VJ8 415 just so I have a tag. Can they be reproduced.
                      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

What does an X65 wheel disk look like?
                        John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

The whitewalls took me a bit by surprise

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

x65

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                            The whitewalls took me a bit by surprise
                            John, That would be full wheel covers on option X-65

Comment

Originally posted by super wagonaire View Post
                              John, That would be full wheel covers on option X-65
                              John, those are the full wheelcovers with the band of white on them. I have five in my garage I don't need anymore. Four are pretty good (not great) and one has a ding in it. Let me know if you'd want them and we can figure something out ($). If not, cool too of course.
                              Bill Pressler
                              Kent, OH
                              All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                              X