No announcement yet.

Transmission insulator needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Transmission insulator needed!

Hello everyone.

My 1955 commander 2 door sedan ( 16G8F2 ) is in the shop having brakes done and a new governor installed. I was told today that it needs a new rear transmission insulator.
    I looked through the chassis parts catalog,on page 6, plate 01-7, and it shows the insulator as 101-35. (The transmission is a 3 speed with overdrive).

When I looked that up,on page 16 under engine mountings, it shows the part # to be 536314 for 16G8 & and 6H models.

I went to Studebaker Internationals website and found this part #. It says " Rear.Champion 1953-1958. Commander 1953 with standard transmission.

Can someone help??

I tried Napa but they cant get one.

The car is at the shop now and on the lift.

55CMNDR

I went to Studebaker Internationals website and found this part #. It says " Rear.Champion 1953-1958. Commander 1953 with standard transmission.

Give them a call, have them overnight it to your shop.

Right Rich, my error, It didn't register that he wanted one for an 8. Too late at night I guess.
    Last edited by Tom Bredehoft; 08-25-2011, 06:06 AM. Reason: Admit confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
      I went to Studebaker Internationals website and found this part #. It says " Rear.Champion 1953-1958. Commander 1953 with standard transmission.Give them a call, have them overnight it to your shop.
      That would be great Tom except the 536314 for '55 Comm./Pres. only, that he needs is NLA, none of us have new Prod. ones. See 55Cmndr's OTHER post in Tech.
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ed-please-help!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
      X