What kind of lube is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: What kind of lube is this?

anyone know what "light weight chassis lube" is?

thanks,

Joe D.

What context is that, Joe? Where did you see that, referencing what? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The lubrication chart in my truck shop manual (I have a 2R, 3-spd column shift) says " "gearshift control case - remove plug, use light weight chassis lubricant" -I take that to mean the small box on the steering column, under the hood, which the transmission shift rods connect to. I just got a reply from "truck talk" that this just refers to regular chassis lube, sold in those tubes that you can by at your local FLAPS. ?
      Thanks,

Joe D.

Comment

Yes, Joe; it does. The regular chassis lube in tubes at FLAPS is OK for that. When that manual was written, long-fiber wheel bearing grease was still being used, and regular chassis lube might have been heavier, too. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you, I learn something new everyday..

Joe D.

Comment

When I saw the header, I thought Jeff might be asking!
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
            X