Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Air now marketing AC units for C Cab trucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Air now marketing AC units for C Cab trucks.

Sent to be by Ben Wenberg. A great thing for C Cab truck owners.

It's too bad there are no pics of the actual Installation of a dash Unit, the Pic of it looks like a mockup of a generic dash, or no dash, hard to tell.

It has to be a really odd installation because, on a "C" Cab (which is actually '49 to '64) there is no "underdash", the dash is so shallow that there is no room for anything "under" it, all of the factory equipment is underhood.

I am glad that West of the Rockies, there is not enough humidity and heat to need such a space, weight and money grabbing device!
    Yeah I know Arizona gets hot, but not BOTH!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You would think they would have developed a package for the '53-'55 C/K's.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Well , sorry to tell you that you are completely wrong with your assumptions , StudeRich ! This is a unit that has been under development since late 2009 , and the test truck at Vintage air was a 1953 2R5 truck. There are no photos yet of completed truck installations , because the unit has been only shipped to a few guys in the last 3 or 4 weeks. It IS NOT a generic unit as you suggest. This was developed just for the Stude C cab trruck. At this time , Vintage Air is also selling a new copper / brass radiator for the C cab trucks. Again - this was developed just for the C cab trucks. I have done a test fit into my ' 53 2 R 5 truck , and I'm happy to say it is so well done , that only two small holes need to be drilled into the sheet metal.
        Ben Wenberg

Comment

Why would you think that ? New products get to the market place as a result of demand , plus someone willing to work with the manufacturer to do a lot of testing and trial fits.
          If the owners of such C/K vehicles feel a need for a modern , 2011 version of A/C , heat , and dehumidified defrosters , then they should contact the owner of Vintage Air , and get the ball
          rolling ! He can be reached at jack@vintageair.com

Comment

Pictures Please I am interested.

Comment

Cost

Cool! (literally speaking - pun intended). Maybe I did not look hard enough, but what is the price for a complete unit?
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Commander 39 View Post
                should contact the owner of Vintage Air , and get the ball
                rolling ! He can be reached at jack@vintageair.com
                Been there; tried that.
                Commented that Jack was running a '53 C body at Bonneville with A/C. Was assured there was nothing under the skin that resembled Studebaker.
                That's okay; I got it figured out for myself, as have probably a few hundred others; each slightly different.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  It's too bad there are no pics of the actual Installation of a dash Unit, the Pic of it looks like a mockup of a generic dash, or no dash, hard to tell.

It has to be a really odd installation because, on a "C" Cab (which is actually '49 to '64) there is no "underdash", the dash is so shallow that there is no room for anything "under" it, all of the factory equipment is underhood.

I am glad that West of the Rockies, there is not enough humidity and heat to need such a space, weight and money grabbing device!
                  Yeah I know Arizona gets hot, but not BOTH!
                  114F IS hot----------especially when the Dew Point is above 55F.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

hey Ben I think you are doing great things. Keep it up!
                    Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't know Studebaker made C cabs in '63 & '64 StudeRich. My '63 is a Champ/T cab.

Comment

60 - 64 C-Cabs

Originally posted by 55 prez View Post
                        I didn't know Studebaker made C cabs in '63 & '64 StudeRich. My '63 is a Champ/T cab.
                        I believe StudeRich was talking about 1 Ton and up truck models.
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Air Cond. in a "C" Cab

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
                          I believe StudeRich was talking about 1 Ton and up truck models.
                          That would be correct Mark, nobody said anything about Pickup Trucks, "C" Cab Trucks are "C" Cab Trucks.

Quote Commander 39: "Well , sorry to tell you that you are completely wrong with your assumptions , StudeRich ! This is a unit that has been under development since late 2009 , and the test truck at Vintage air was a 1953 2R5 truck. There are no photos yet of completed truck installations , because the unit has been only shipped to a few guys in the last 3 or 4 weeks. It IS NOT a generic unit as you suggest. This was developed just for the Stude C cab trruck. At this time , Vintage Air is also selling a new copper / brass radiator for the C cab trucks. Again - this was developed just for the C cab trucks. I have done a test fit into my ' 53 2 R 5 truck , and I'm happy to say it is so well done , that only two small holes need to be drilled into the sheet metal.
                          Ben Wenberg

Well sorry to tell YOU, but you are entirely Wrong assuming I had any "asumptions" about this unit, it's design would have to be extremely DIFFERENT than anything out there, that is all.

I did not assume anything, only stated the FACT that good Pics were not shown, nobody cares what the pieces look like, all that matters is how the dash unit looks installed.
                          People on this Forum need to stop trying to think there is some secret meaning behind the statements that some of us say here, I say what I mean, not something that hides other "secret" thoughts.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Great news for C-Cab owners!
                            Hey Matthew, check your PM's
                            Jim
                            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I will second Marks question. What is the price for this creature? Thanks, Steve
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X