What does a tub weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a tub weigh?

I was always curious how much a tub weighed. Today I found some cheap scales at the dollar store and the answer. The front, measured at the front frame brackets was about 360 pounds and the back, measured at the rear supports under the trunk was about 310 for a total of 670 pounds.
    Bill
    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
    sigpic

This lines up well with my experience. 4 guys were able to lift my '53 tub off some 4x6 beams and oil drums and set it back on the frame. In my case, no doors were on but the rear qtrs were as is yours. But, add hardtop hog troughs that a C does not have and that added brace under the rear seat and probably a wash in weight comparison. I used a engine hoist to lift it off the frame in 2 steps (front and back) so that only took 2 guys.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Cool jack stands!!

Comment

Cool garage!!

Comment

When putting my '53 coupe back on the frame; I ended up with a chain hoist on the front (nylon strap under hinges) and a come-a-long on the back (nylon strap under rear of body).. fenders were off.
          I can't get a photo from Picassa into this medium.. sorry
          I have an I beam running lengthways above the shop; which really comes in handy. Especially when all my neighbors are in their 80's.

Comment

Working...
          X