Parting out 64 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting out 64 Cruiser

I've decided to clean up on some cars and parts and concentrate on one project.The Cruiser is complete except for engine and trans.Rusty,nice blue interior-split reclining front seat w/headrests,ps,good glass.Gas tank repaired and sealed by local radiator shop.Would like to sell whole car.Asking 350.Also parting a 63 Cruiser.Good glass,door panels.Free if you pick up.

wrong coast...............bummer

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
      wrong coast...............bummer

Mark
      This is SO ironic! I took a look at the locations and did a double take. This is just about the first time I've seen the "reverse of the usual" <ggg>

Comment

Ugh,, wrong coast yep it's a bummer..
        George King
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Not intending to intrude or hijack the thread. But I also have a 64 cruiser (on the left coast North of Sacramento) I will be parting out, probably starting in January or maybe sooner. I am keeping the engine, rear end, brakes and suspension. The body is rust free with few dings. Dash, Body shell, frame and glass are spoken for or at least have first refusal.

Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
            Not intending to intrude or hijack the thread. But I also have a 64 cruiser (on the left coast North of Sacramento) I will be parting out, probably starting in January or maybe sooner. I am keeping the engine, rear end, brakes and suspension. The body is rust free with few dings. Dash, Body shell, frame and glass are spoken for or at least have first refusal.

You're parting that one out?!? Man; that is a clean 1964................
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Geeze, Pat; is it that bad? It does look awfully nice from here. Structural rust or??? BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Geeze, Pat; is it that bad? It does look awfully nice from here. Structural rust or??? BP
                I cringed over that one too. Pat posted it some time ago. He needs the running gear for his Conestoga project. I hoped somebody with a good-running rust bucket would trade him and save it.

4 door or not, it stings to see a solid, straight car lost forever...
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                  I cringed over that one too. Pat posted it some time ago. He needs the running gear for his Conestoga project. I hoped somebody with a good-running rust bucket would trade him and save it.

Bummer since I plan to pull the Stude drive train out of my 1962 (259, 3spd/OD, rear end) to repower it.

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Bought right to remove any/all parts I want from a plain Jane '63 4 door Friday from a remove a junk car guy. I needed a few parts for my project. It is way to good to crush. I believe it is showing less than 30K miles and is rock solid without body damage. Needs interior and paint... don't know what else. Could get the shell for scrap steel price. Torn but too many projects and I'm pushing limits on my HOA as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
                      Bought right to remove any/all parts I want from a plain Jane '63 4 door Friday from a remove a junk car guy. I needed a few parts for my project. It is way to good to crush. I believe it is showing less than 30K miles and is rock solid without body damage. Needs interior and paint... don't know what else. Could get the shell for scrap steel price. Torn but too many projects and I'm pushing limits on my HOA as it is.
                      Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post

It is a basically sound car that I was able to buy right. It was offered here on the forum for sale and I was the first to jump on it. The parts that will move into my Conestoga are the engine, TT Dana 44, the entire front suspension, the 11" finned drum brakes, various electrical pieces needed as I convert to 12v and the various odds and ends that are always needed. There is no other way I could get all those things for even 5 times what I paid for this car. The remainder is offered up to those who need parts for their similar cars to keep them alive. I definitely will be reasonable on my pricing and expect to at least recover the cost of my investment. I know it is sad to see a good one parted out, hopefully "That others may live" philosophy will keep me from condemnation ;-)

Pat
                        Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Condemnation, Pat? Not from me, that's for sure. But that doesn't mean this rust-belt Lark and Lark type lover doesn't ache over it a little
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                            Where are you located?
                            Denver, CO

Comment

Originally posted by mmagic View Post
                              Denver, CO
                              Bummer. I'm in the Phx area and may consider replacing my 1962 with a 1963.............

Comment

Working...
                              X