Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get a Radio Aerial/Antenna like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a Radio Aerial/Antenna like this?

Longing for the days of being able to flip through the JC whitney catalog and find something that will work.

Anyways.

For a 62 GT Hawk with deck lid mounted antenna:

[Picture attached below] We need to find a radio antenna that has this style base (original application 62 GT Hawk deck lid mounted antenna). Please note how short the distance is inbetween the threaded area where it seats and the cable plug in. We have have looked through some catalogs, but they all have a much longer hang down length where the cable plugs in. It has to be short or we'll be jabing items in the trunk closing the decklid.

Yes, we are aware SI has them, but that stupid high price is just simply not an option on our budget. Theres got to be a generic antenna that will work.

If somebody could steer me in the right directions as to a generic supplier, or source it would be appreciated.

Or if somebody has a good used one from a 62 GT with deck lid mounted antenna, let us know.

Thanks
    Heather
    Attached Files

If your in need of just the mast, I have one for a Pontiac Tempest. Engineering on your part to make it work. if interestged email me at ltcrp@q.com

Comment

You might try Hunt's Hardware.
      I think their phone number is 893-6945.

Comment

Buy a $10 universal antenna with the swivel ball mount and adjust the mast to the correct angle. Far from stock looking and ugly, but it will work.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

We have the stock GT decklid antenna mount. Just need the mast.

Comment

I struggled with that issue a long time on a 62 GT. Years ago, I found an antenna similar to what JDP describes, and figured it would do till an OEM could be found at a reasonable price. I never found an OEM, and ran that one for years, though it never did look right. About six months ago I finally sprung for a repro from SI. Their's is quality made, looks identicle to OEM, and the radio plays great with it.

There is a machining issue with the base however, and, long story short I had to reuse my original base. I mentioned the problem to Ed at Springfield, and am sure he has corrected it by now.
            Joe H

Comment

eBay seller: acme-antenna says he sell the correct masts for $75.00. Don't know from personal experience.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I bought an antenna from "ACME" off ebay about a month ago. It was advertised as for 50s to 60s Stude, and that's exactly what quickly arrived in the mail. No complaints here. It cost $89.99 plus about $13 shipping. I did not see that he had what you are looking for, but he has just about everything in the classic car antenna world. Definitely worth checking out. But then again, he's kinda pricey. Guess not much is cheap anymore.
                Joe H

Comment

Another guy to check out is Dennie Turner in Belleview FL. 352-245-8346 He had the antenna for my '57 Packard wagon! He even knew the part number, and it's one of a kind!
                  Chip
                  '63 Cruiser
                  '57 Packard wagon
                  '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                  '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X