" name that part "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• " name that part "

Here is a part that came with my car and can't find out what it is for.maybe one of you can tell/fig it out.

'Most likely a convertible top control switch.

What kind of car do you have? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I got a 60 lark 2 dr ht it came with the car not installed,but in a box

Comment

Originally posted by mookandairin View Post
        Here is a part that came with my car and can't find out what it is for.maybe one of you can tell/fig it out.

Comment

It looks much older in design than 1960. I'd be more willing to believe about 1938 and something 6 volt, than 1960

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B PEI View Post
            It looks much older in design than 1960. I'd be more willing to believe about 1938 and something 6 volt, than 1960
            Looks a lot like a 47-52 style convertible top switch.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

'Looks about the same as the top switch on my 1964 Daytona convertible:

(The switrch was relocated from its original position when someone put aftermarket air conditioning on the car some time ago. I have removed the A/C entirely, but didn't bother to put the switch back on the other side of the steering column because there was no need to). BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

While the handle is the same as my 63 convert, the switch body is smaller than mine. Also the threaded mounting shank on mine is longer.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

[/SIZE]
                  Originally posted by Welcome View Post

But only if equipped with the Skytop!!!
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

My son says he wants one of them for his sister lol.
                    Originally posted by Welcome View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X