19 YEARS OLD! got my first studebaker 1948 land cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 YEARS OLD! got my first studebaker 1948 land cruiser

just got it a week ago friday, its gonna be an amazing car. looking for some tips with my car and even open with ideas that anyone has. so please share!

Thanks, Brian

hes some photos of her

Comment

As a fellow young guy (21 here) that likes Land Crusiers.. Welcome!! And cool car.

Comment

Wow! Nice score! First off, welcome to the forum! It's great to have another younger guy aboard to up our numbers (The younger guys here are slightly low....) Have you joined the Studebaker Drivers Club yet? If not, I highly recommend it. Our monthy magazine is loaded with awesome articles, technical help, classifieds, etc. I also recommend joining a local S.D.C chapter. You can get together with other Studebaker folks, attend fun events, and have a wealth of info when you are stuck on something.
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Brain, You came to the right place. This is the site that will inform you about anything you want to know. It was great to meet you in Reno.

Comment

yeah ive noticed the younger crowd on here is pretty slim.. hahaha im trying to change that.

Comment

Brian:

Welcome to the Club! I got my first Studebaker at age 15 and had to wait to drive it.

Enjoy the experience of working on it and making it yours. You will really stand out in the crowd and everyone will know you.

Don't hesitate to ask the group for help. We are all in this together!

Rhys
              Rhys Arthur
              49 2R5
              66 Cruiser
              66 Commander
              84 Avanti

Comment

yeah stude people are pretty cool, not like those mopar guys haha

roy thanks for the help during hot augest nights! be looking to seeing you around next year.

just a question to anyone, but is my stude a adverage once or is it rare? id like to know some details on my stude.

Comment

Not bad! Looks better than my first Studebaker.
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I forgot to mention, Brain's family are Studebaker owners. His dad works for Summit racing equipment. He told me that the carb kit that they sell will work for Carter afb.
                    Here is the site. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ED...cation/?page=2

Note: Edelbrock copied afb carter carbs. I am buying 2 of them today.

Comment

these photos arnt up to date those in the last week ive buffed the paint and it looks way better ill put those photos up in a bit

Comment

Brian,good to see the young fellas jumping in.I can't say how rare or not rare your car is,but I gotta believe it will give a real cushy ride(ya know like a Caddy)
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Brian, Great to see you on the forum and also see pictures of your car. That is going to be a great Cruiser!

Pat
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Great find and glad to have you here...enjoy the ride....

Comment

all buffed out

Comment

Working...
                              X