• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Carpet

Are all 53 and on carpets the same!!
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

No, sedans are not the same as coupes and hardtops. The rear carpets probably changed in '58. The tunnel shape was changed to clear the one piece drive shaft.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

No, besides the C/K vs. sedan thing, the C/K carpet width changed with the change in sill plates and the sedan rear carpet is different for the long wheelbase models, like a President Classic, than a standard sedan. Of course, Avantis and trucks are a separate category. Perhaps you can better define your query.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I guess my question is would this item off eBay fit my car??

Item# 350483743535
        Kevin Phillips
        Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Originally posted by kpcoupe View Post

Item# 350483743535
          What is your car? I see "'53 Commander" in your signature, but I do not know if it is a C/K, four door sedan or Land Cruiser. Now I see that your handle is "kpcoupe". From all of this should I assume that you are asking relative to a 1953 Starliner (or Starlight)?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by kpcoupe View Post

Item# 350483743535
            Kevin, probably not. If your car is a '53 Commander sedan, they won't fit because they are for a C body. If your car is a '53 Commander C or K, I don't think they will fit due to the changes in the rear floorpan (driveshaft tunnel and rear seat riser) in '58 as Dwight notes..............plus the difference in the sill plate design between '53 and the later C & K that Gary points out.

But you still have not told us what body style your '53 Commander is....................??
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

1953 starliner
              Kevin Phillips
              Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

I just went to the eBay listing. The difference in the sill plates is okay because it will just give you extra material. The rear carpet most likely will be a problem. If the carpet was cut for a floor shifter (1961 four speed), then all bets are off. I would not gamble that much money on this carpet. I am assuming that you have a '53 C/K. Just order a carpet from someone like JDP on this Forum. I do not remember his prices, but I believe that he would be fair.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                X