This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Tennessee Avanti Update

We are trying to locate our stolen Avanti Serial #63R 1036. White with tangerine interior. The vehicle was stolen from storage in Clinton Tennessee. Please direct any information to the Anderson County Tennessee Sheriff's office (865) 457-2414 or John H. Brichetto jhbrichetto@gmail.com

Has anyone see this car?

Comment

I wish I had seen it. I would love to see these guys get what they deserve.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

John I wish you luck on the retrieval of the Avanti. What goes thu the minds of these people when they steal a car. Especially when its such a rare vehicle and not some brand X that will blend in to the scenery and quickly be disposed of. I hope they are caught and punished.

Tom

sigpic

Comment

63R 1036 is registered on theavanti.com web site but it must be a typo as it's not our car.

Comment

How long has the car been gone?

Comment

Well John, sorry to say, but don't get your hopes up...
              I have a 63RQ 1036 on my site, but as you know, it's the body tag.

It's fairly difficult to get anyone to recognise the value of keeping this data accurate and even harder to pry information from owners, whether they're selling it or not.

When I come across a car, The serial number is cross referenced to AOAI's, SDC's and other listings. In the past few months, there have been 2 #'s that were in error in AOAI's register and the owner didn't even know it until it was brought to their attention.

A couple years ago, I found a car on Ebay, being sold out of a scrap yard, that was stolen from Frank Letts 15 years earlier. When the Houston police were notified, they didn't even bother to acknowledge my email.

Best of luck in the pursuit....

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
              55 President State Sedan
              70 Avanti (R3)
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Good luck with finding it!
                I agree with 55Prez, it would be a hard car to hide unless someone wants to part it out or turn it into a Bonneville racer.

I'm sure it will show up...it will probably be offered to JDP eventually.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                Last edited by showbizkid; 10-17-2013, 07:16 AM.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Good luck with finding it!
                  I agree with 55Prez, it would be a hard car to hide unless someone wants to part it out or turn it into a Bonneville racer.

I'm sure it will show up...it will probably be [u]offered</u> to JDP eventually.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  +1.
                  With our SDC/Forum network, it's bound to turn up, whether offered for sale or when its "new owner" poses a question about something that needs a fix. It's just a matter of time...

Still, sorry for your loss...we'll all be on the lookout.

Andy
                  62 GT

Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Andy R.
                    With our SDC/Forum network, it's bound to turn up, whether offered for sale or when its "new owner" poses a question about something that needs a fix. It's just a matter of time...
                    Like the Shelby Cobra group, the Avanti owners are a close-knit bunch. I sincerely hope a potential buyer (especially if he's a 'newby') does his homework first BEFORE parting with any coin. I'd hate to see some unspecting newby buy it from the thief and jois SDC and AOAI after the fact, only to be informed he has just bought a stolen car, and be out lots of $$$.

Craig

Comment

PICS PICS PICS!! And post them everywhere you can. Good Luck, Steve

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1

... I hope they are caught and punished.
                        I hope they're caught and NEUTERED!!

And THEN punished!

John

Comment

There are some states (I forget which ones) that require less documentation than others to register an older vehicle.

Keeping a close eye on listings in those areas might help.

Andy
                          62 GT

Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

One of those states would be Alabama.

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

Comment

What's with the site theavanti.com. How can they have a "Certified" registration of a car claiming a VIN number that I own?

Comment

Working...
                              X