Avanti on Car Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti on Car Crazy

Tonight's Car Crazy program on SPEED featured the Auburn-Cord-Dusenberg Museum in Auburn, IN. A very interesting place especially for those who haven't seen it. During the program one of the museum's head honchos talks at length about how an Avanti made him a car guy. In fact, he shows off his car which is on display.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Great show! I wanted to see that museum when I was in South Bend but time didnt allow it. The Avanti shown looks great too, my color, RED! Glad I recorded the show.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

A 63, that the owners owned since 69.

Really liked the building, and the 3 Studebakers on display. Plan on adding a trip to the Cord Museum during next years international.
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

It was a great episode. Glad I was sober to watch it
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I was there in May and they have a nice history of Studebaker display on the second floor.

Their Avanti is very nice.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I have been there several times. The whole museum is incredible. I saw the show on Car Crazy as well last night.

Denny L

Comment

Yes, the ACD museum is, indeed, incredible. My wife & I visited it a number of years ago. I felt that I was in a time warp while walking among the cars on the showroom floor.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Just caught the show this morning on SPEED. Took the road tour to there from the South Bend Natl's in 97, that place is awesome! Nice plug for Avanti as well. I've said it many times before, and will say it again, I sure wish ths Stude Museum could have used the old Adminisrtation Building that way. I know it wasn't feasable or practical, but I sure hate to see that beautiful building in such a high profile location go to waste.
                ps. the ACD episode airs again today on SPEED Channel at 4:30 pm EST.
                Jim
                Last edited by LarkTruck; 08-07-2011, 12:18 PM.
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                X