Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960's Stude survivors vs. Fairlanes, Falcons, Chevy II's, Darts, etc.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960's Stude survivors vs. Fairlanes, Falcons, Chevy II's, Darts, etc.......

One thing I've noticed looking at CraigsList here in the Phoenix area is the high percentage of 1959+ up Studebakers that still survive vs. Ford Fairlanes, Falcons, Dodge Darts, even Chevy II's, etc..........

Why I amazed is looking at just the 1964 model year maybe 65K (?) Studes were built vs. 5+ times each of the others on average..............

Even 1965-66 ChevyBakers are still relatively easy to find especially in light of under 35K total built.
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Maybe it's because it took all these years to realize that Studebaker had the styling that ages the best.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The huge supply of NOS replacement parts has to be a big draw for sure, and all through the 70's, 80's and 90's they were very reasonable as well.

And as Classic Car mags always mention: Studebakers have a very supportive, large, active Car Club with a 'better than most' Monthly Publication...Wow I wanna find them! Lol!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        The huge supply of NOS replacement parts has to be a big draw for sure, and all through the 70's, 80's and 90's they were very reasonable as well.

And as Classic Car mags always mention: Studebakers have a very supportive, large, active Car Club with a 'better than most' Monthly Publication...Wow I wanna find them! Lol!
        And the irony is that Studebaker's financial woes blocking frequent revisions may have paid off in the long run due to huge interchangeability up and down through the years---------my 'favorite' item being that all 1956-62 4 doors/SW's used the same front door shell.

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Pierce,actually it should be late 55 sedan + wagons.though the wagon doors are not the same as sedans,they are about 3/4" higher on the upper rear corner.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Pierce,actually it should be late 55 sedan + wagons.though the wagon doors are not the same as sedans,they are about 3/4" higher on the upper rear corner.
            Oops: I forgot about the 1955 1/2 cars and didn't realize the sedan and wagon doors were (slightly) different.............

Comment

Ya the wagons need more height in the back,so the front starts out with that in mind.
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
              X