No announcement yet.

quicken the steering on a lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: quicken the steering on a lark?

how di I make the steering 2 1/2 turns to stop? as in when it is going straight and want to turn say left,it only takes 2 1/2 turns till it is all the way? like a newer Chevrolet ect.I ask because I an going to want it a little quicker if it were to go sideways at the track so I can counter steer quicker. when it happens at the track it happens at a blink of an eye and I have got to be fast so not to hit the wall/other car when drag racing. this is just a info request as I will prob try it as is before I got tearing into the steering.in which is one of the strangest I have ever seen.lol how safe is it at high speeds say 140mph?

Studebaker International.
    Page 244
    Quick Steering arms.
    P/N 800355

(download the catalog here)
    http://www.studebaker-intl.com/2010_catalog_.html

Before you put 140 mph power to your Stude, make sure you have 150 mph brakes.
    Then make sure your caster is set for speed, and not for parking lots.

All things that you can definitely accomplish with a Studebaker.
    A lot of good tech info is available over on Sonny's Racing Studebaker forum.
    http://www.racingstudebakers.com

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)
    Jeff
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

helps a lot. I am a member to the racing studebaker site already!

Comment

DEEPNHOCK is 100% correct !! I have them on the 64 pictured here. They work fantastic on the track, BUT be prepared if you don't have P/S because it's a bear to do any parallel parking, especially with "fat" tires. If you're looking for that kind of speed...check every nut, bolt, attachment, or component on on the car! Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
        Auburn, GA

Comment

will do, I am going to have pizza cutters in the front " drag style" I dont think the parking would be a prob with them.but you never know.

Comment

Going around corners with drag strip style front tires....?
            What, if I may ask are you doing ?
            If you are drag racing...stick with the stock steering. Fast steering and drag racing DON'T go together..! Been doing it most of my adult life with various types of cars. From 13 sec. cars to a 7sec. car.
            I've got a story for you if you think I'm wrong...!

Safety wiring brake and suspension parts help also.

Be carefull.

Mike

Comment

I use a quick steer suicide knob. jimmijim
              Originally posted by mookandairin View Post
              will do, I am going to have pizza cutters in the front " drag style" I dont think the parking would be a prob with them.but you never know.
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
              X