How about writing a letter? Another request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about writing a letter? Another request

As you may know, I am working with Borgeson hoping to convince them to produce
    studebaker power steering box conversions. You can read about it here:

As it stands now, I have presented the case to Mr. Grantmeyer. He will look into the feasibility of it and get back to me/us. Feasibility, in this case, is defined as interest in a sufficient amount that they determine they can sell enough to make development and production wortwhile.

This is where you come in.

Mr. Jeff Grantmeyer is in Sales at Borgeson, and it is he that is looking at this for us. He now has the info I sent him, and a bunch of pictures, plus my best pitch. It might prove to be a big help if we flooded his e-mail inbox with letters of encouragement! Let him/them know your thoughts about the possibility of this becoming available to the Stude community. Maybe a few brief words about your own car and an attached photo. But mostly, let him know that you may be interested in a kit now, or that you may in the future; or if you think it's a good product that will be an asset to the Studebaker world.

I think if it were I, a bunch of letters indicating Studebaker lovers were aware of and interested in a product I'm considering developing would be a huge influence on the decision.

So if you would like to have a hand in helping this project along, please take a minute to write to Mr. Jeff Grantmeyer at Borgeson Products at jeff@borgeson.com . Reference this project, express your encouragement, and thank him for considering it; plus a bit of your own info if you like.

If we work together as a group, chances are very good we can get this done! Even if you don't need one now, or aren't interested in it currently, it would be a great addition to the array of helpful products available to current and future Studebaker lovers. Please help get this done!

Thanks in advance for your help
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Very cool idea, too bad I went through the system on my Avanti already. I had
    contacted Flaming River about one of their R&P-ish upgraded boxes for Stude,
    they replied with just that : not a large enough market to make it worth while.

Tom
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Thanks Tom, I think we can convince them if we show a lot of interest. A letter from a bright guy like you would help, you might not need one now but you might want one in the future.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Saturday bump. Please help if you can!
        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

OK, OK, Bob. Sent just now:

Hello, Jeff;

Might I add my encouragement to the Studebaker Steering Gear project you are considering with Bob Andrews' research and background information? This is a worthy project and will be a suitable repair for virtually all 1953-1960 Studebakers equipped with a Ross steering gear, which also includes 1961-1964 Hawks and 1963 and 1964 Studebaker Avantis.

Truth be known, the Ross gear used in those cars was a marginal, high-friction design. Ross gears have not worn well through the years because of not only that design, but because of the difficulty in securing the correct lubricant for them. It required a special Kendall lubricant (Kendall 400 or, later, Kendall C-999) that, realistically, has not been available for decades. Suitable replacement lubricant has been brewed and seems to work OK, but does not have the benefit of extensive, long-term testing as automobile and lubricant manufacturers would have teamed up to do in years past. Many Ross gears have seen extensive wear due to ordinary 90-weight gear oil having been poured in them, which is incorrect and does not provide adequate lubrication.

Too often, Studebaker enthusiasts will "clip" an entire front end on one of these cars to attain a better steering setup when, in reality, the balance of Studebaker's design is very good. If a better steering gear was available, one based on the excellent Saginaw recirculating-ball steering gear used in 1961-1966 "Larks," people would find it far easier (and, in my opinion, far safer) to upgrade their car's steering system while retaining virtually all the existing Studebaker components and related geometry.

Incidentally, I am a Life Member of The Studebaker Drivers Club and Technical Editor for the club's international monthly magazine, Turning Wheels, a position I've held almost 30 years.

Sincerely,

Bob Palma
          Technical Editor
          Turning Wheels
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Excellent, Bob. Well-written with more technical info than I'd be able to give

Hopefully Mr. Grantmeyer's inbox will be overflowing with letters of encouragement
            Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob: Email sent to Jeff. stupak

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                Bob: Email sent to Jeff. stupak
                Sent one too
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I sent my Christmas wishes also.
                  Jamie McLeod
                  Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                  1958 Commander "Christine"
                  1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                  1955 Commander Sedan
                  1964 Champ
                  1960 Lark

Comment

Groovy. The more interest they see, the better the chance we'll see it made!
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                    X