Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone bored enough to help with a few part numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone bored enough to help with a few part numbers?

Howdy! I have been a bad new Stude owner and have not yet purchased my body handbook that would have part numbers in it. If someone is bored and has a hard copy could they help me find part numbers on a few little pieces?

1959 Studebaker Lark VIII-

1) Driver side coiled spring that sits in the door handle mechanism - pictured below

2) Door lock linkage, the driver side lock was in place, but there was no square linkage connecting it to the latch. I have two pictures below, the driver's side with no linkage, and the passenger side that is complete.

3) The vertical post that extends into the drivers side door from the wing window has two mounting brackets on it (or should) My passenger side has both and they are firm, driver's side door only has one of these brackets and it is loose, so in turn the wing window sits pretty loose above it.

The piece here at the bottom with the two screws in it.

Thanks in advance if you help out!

Better provide the body style, also.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

That would be helpful! Thanks kurtuk

The vehicle is a 1959 Lark VIII 4-door "Regal" trim - in Hawaiian Green

Comment

Message recieved! I'll get the book ordered and find them myself.

Paint went on the car today, somewhere between a good paint job and a CASO paint job...but hey for 1,500 with two stage, matching wheels, and all the needed body work I can't complain!

Comment

Well here I am again. I got my body/chassis part books and I've been pretty well stumped. I think I may have found the part numbers that I need but I'm not sure where now to find the parts, But I don't know where to source them. Previously I've only bought from SI and they don't seem to have these bits in stock.

1) I couldn't find a part number for this spring, just for the whole "Remote" mechanism - Part 1314347

2) I couldn't find a part number for just the linkage, does anyone know if it can be replaced in my current lock or if I'd have to get new lock cylinders?

3) I believe this is part 299259, but I am not sure. The brackets appear riveted and it's the closest I could find it my parts book.

Any input would be greatly appreciated (of if you know of a parts car in Oregon I could pull all these parts from

Comment

Where in Oregon are you?

Comment

Most of the parts you seek are part of the Assembly, and are not sold separately -NSS. The ones you did get a number for, will only be found used, on a window frame assembly.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
              X