X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lamberti papers #4

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

How many would like to attend the R3 engine meeting on Wednesday?

Comment

I'll go if no one else is interested!
      Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Please add me to the roster for the R3 meeting this Wednesday.

Any comments as to what the "potato digger" is ?

Also interesting as to drip rails being delayed because of excess noise. Is it possible that the drip rails were not a forgotten item all along but, rather, a problematic feature?
        Last edited by jlmccuan; 07-25-2011, 03:54 PM.
        Jim
        Often in error, never in doubt
        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
          I'll get my tickets right away. If they are giving out samples, put me at the top of the list!
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Richard, thanks so much for posting these notes...They are truly a great read! Please keep more comming when you can!! Thanks!!!!

Also...what time is the wednesday meeting?
            Last edited by prager; 07-25-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Fascinating reading, Richard. Many thanks! "Half-Fast Back???

Comment

From today's dispatch:

Avanti orders total 2,880, with approximately 1,100 not lineset. At the rate orders are coming in (average about 7 per day), we can be pretty close to fulfillment of backlog in February. Mr. Lamberti wondered if the 1,000 orders are firm. Also, inasmuch as we are building 28 per day and 140 per week, does sales have a program on Avantis?

Let me see if I understand this..."we" are building about four times as many Avantis as those for which "we" have orders?

Is there a problem looming here somewhere down the line?

Just asking. <GGG>

BTW, I'm bringing the doughnuts to the R3 meeting...and the camera. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

BTW, I'm bringing the doughnuts to the R3 meeting...and the camera. BP

WOW! BP springing for the doughnuts!! Call the newspapers and lower the flag!! GGG

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

Somebody should tell those International Harvester fellas that they are calling the wrong Indiana phone number. I believe they intended to call their facility in Fort Wayne. But since they are coming, I would be happy to show them our new wheel cover design for next years offerings. We may be able to sell them the tooling for this when we end automobile production.......What?? That's supposed to be kept a secret until 1966? Ummm, never mind....
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Good one Milica! Maybe they sent spys to sneak into Design, and they saw the '64 Wheel Cover design on the drawing board!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        Somebody should tell those International Harvester fellas that they are calling the wrong Indiana phone number. I believe they intended to call their facility in Fort Wayne. But since they are coming, I would be happy to show them our new wheel cover design for next years offerings. We may be able to sell them the tooling for this when we end automobile production.......What?? That's supposed to be kept a secret until 1966? Ummm, never mind....
                        I wonder if that agreement also explains why Studebaker used an A-100 instrument cluster in that cab-forward prototype Champ that's in the museum.

Craig

Comment

Richard Q, Interesting reading , information such as this will no doubt answer many questions in the minds of some SDC members. Keep posting the papes. Maybe once the papers are sorted out thought may be given to publishing a supplement to TW's as a seperate magazine for an aditional cost.

Comment

Cliff hanger..........everytime I read one of these.

I await to read any notes about the Studebaker prototypes that resemble Avanti styling.

See you all at the R3 meeting, 9:00am right?!
                            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Imagine getting an Avanti with only a heater! (delicious irony)
                              I loved this! "The people from Corvette are having so much trouble with their paint, they visited Ashtabula to see what we are doing. (We went to St. Louis to see what they are going.)" Edit: I thing that last word should be 'doing'

Fascinating stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X