Hell of a deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell of a deal

Someone got a bargain on this coupe even with a AT six cylinder.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Why is it I never have any money when something like that comes along. I saw that this morning and thought that was a heck of a price for a BIN.

Looks like it'll be relisted for a higher price. This guy has another Studebaker listed right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230136133638________________________
    Mark Anderson
    1965 Cruiser

Comment

Why is it I never have any money when something like that comes along. I saw that this morning and thought that was a heck of a price for a BIN.

Looks like it'll be relisted for a higher price. This guy has another Studebaker listed right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230136133638________________________
      Mark Anderson
      1965 Cruiser

Comment

The buyer is a regular on this forum (not me). The car appears to be an early California (Vernon) build from the details.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The buyer is a regular on this forum (not me). The car appears to be an early California (Vernon) build from the details.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Brad's here on our forum almost every day. Yeah, I envy him with that '53. Maybe he's selling the '52 to finance the 53![:0] That'd be my strategy, if I wanted the 53.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Brad's here on our forum almost every day. Yeah, I envy him with that '53. Maybe he's selling the '52 to finance the 53![:0] That'd be my strategy, if I wanted the 53.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I did not bid even though there was the potential for a couple of grand in profit because it really should go to someone that had been looking for just such a car. That car didn't look like I could do much to add value to it anyway, although I've got maybe 60 hours in Christine on nit picking crap so far.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert
                63 Lark 2 door
                62 Lark 2 door
                60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                59 3E truck
                58 Starlight
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I did not bid even though there was the potential for a couple of grand in profit because it really should go to someone that had been looking for just such a car. That car didn't look like I could do much to add value to it anyway, although I've got maybe 60 hours in Christine on nit picking crap so far.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Wow... pretty car. Congrats Brad - can't wait to see more pictures!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                    '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow... pretty car. Congrats Brad - can't wait to see more pictures!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                      '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi, JDP,

Without seeing it, hard to say if it is restored to the standard the seller stated. If it was, I would agree it was easily worth another two-three thousand; possibly more to the guy who has always wanted a '53 but could never afford a full-dress V8 car.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
                        PackardV8

Comment

Hi, JDP,

Without seeing it, hard to say if it is restored to the standard the seller stated. If it was, I would agree it was easily worth another two-three thousand; possibly more to the guy who has always wanted a '53 but could never afford a full-dress V8 car.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
                          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
                          X