Update on S2UDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on S2UDE

It looks kind of like a rickshaw right now as everything has been stripped from the firewall forward except the frame rails. You can see in this picture that the steering column and gear shift lever has been cut off at the steering box. They will both be modified for use with the new powertrain. The frame has been cleaned of it's 62 years of the rust inhibiting coat of oil, grease, and road dirt. If you look closely you can see the new bracket for the dual master cylinder that is lying on the floor under the truck. Also, you may notice the clutch pedal is still there. With a 4L60E being installed, can anyone figure out why I am leaving the clutch pedal in? It will have a function other than just looks.

The new "heartbeat" that is being dressed to go back to work in a much more attractive environment.

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Yes, I think you already let it slip that it will become the "Starter" switch!

Or, more correctly; "it will continue activating the starter switch"!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, thanks to this forum, I found a new home for all parts being removed. A fellow SDCer from the Sequoiia Chapter wiil have all the parts he needs, and then some, to get his 49 R Series up and running.

Nothing Studebaker should ever be tossed unless it is messed up beyond repair.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Yes, I think you already let it slip that it will become the "Starter" switch!
        Oops.... someone has been paying attention!
        Jon Stalnaker
        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
        X