Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pikes Peak 52 Studebaker

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can give me anymore information about the Pikes peak 52? I can only find one picture which is black and white and doesnt show any detail close up. the picture is on the Studebaker registry.

I am getting too impatient now to wait for 3 years and do a body off restoration. we are, instead, going to get the body and chasis, engine and box in tip top condition and give it a temporary paint job like the drag race cars from the 50's and 60's.

Thanks

steph

Giving that no one has answered this, I'm thinking that there are no pictures. Go figure.

Did Studebaker used to do any kind of racing? anyone know of the sponsors??

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Starliner Steph View Post
      Giving that no one has answered this, I'm thinking that there are no pictures. Go figure.

Did Studebaker used to do any kind of racing? anyone know of the sponsors??

thanks
      Studebakers were raced in other venues including; Indy, NASCAR, Petite LeMans. There are other threads and web sites devoted to Studebakers in racing.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Will this do ?

sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Maybe this is the link between the 1952 Studebaker (Framed poster (Win a 1952 Studebaker)) and the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. From the GL add http://cosprings.craigslist.org/clt/2509816395.html Sorry the picture isn't clearer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	52 Pikes Peak Studebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1670322
          Last edited by fatboylust; 08-01-2011, 11:02 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

The webpage picture is a scan I took from a book. But as I recall there was no real information there about the event.

Comment

[QUOTE=2R5;564266]Will this do ?

I thought Steph was wanting pictures of the original. There should be lots of pictures of this one.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Hi all

many thanks for the replies! there is some really good stuff!

thanks

Comment

The Pikes Peak Hillclimb still runs today, and they have an historical society dedicated to preserving the history of the race. You might try emailing the address at the bottom of this page to determine whether they have more information about the car:

Comment

Working...
                  X