Carburetor Kit For a 1952 V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carburetor Kit For a 1952 V8

Having searched the Internet and various Studebaker Vendors and having asked several local auto parts stores I was beginning to believe it was going to take nearly $70 or more to procure a kit for a Stromberg AAVB26 6-111. Yesterday I took another shot at a G****le search and a hit came up for a NOS kit located from Mike's Carburetor Parts: http://www.carburetor-parts.com/default.asp located just 75 miles away. The prices was $29 plus sales tax with free shipping. I received the kit today, yes that is what I said, it came today. So here are pictures of the kit; I almost feel guilty to open it but It is a good cause.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0064.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1733760Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0063.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1733762Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0061.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1733761Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0062.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1733763

I bought one on ebay sevarel years ago all it was the leftover parts from a kit. I was not happy.

Comment

Thanks for sharing...I have a '52 Commander like yours and may need a kit someday.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Jiffy's are just that, small partial kits, not even close to what is in the Rebuild Kits from Stude. Vendors, and they are fresh NEW stock, not dried up NORS. LOL, do I have to say it? YGWYPFor !
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Jiffy's are just that, small partial kits, not even close to what is in the Rebuild Kits from Stude. Vendors, and they are fresh NEW stock, not dried up NORS. LOL, do I have to say it? YGWYPFor !
          Everything isn't always 100% rosy, even with Studebaker vendors.

FWIW, here is my latest experience with repro carb kits........the last kit I purchased from one of the "major" Studebaker vendors was pitiful. The gaskets were fresh, yes, but required a good bit of careful trimming to fit correctly. Several of the smaller round fiber gaskets (for example, that go under the jets) were either the wrong size, or not even included. I ended up using parts from one in my big box of NOS kits to have what I needed to rebuild the carb.

Most of the repro stuff is good and I appreciate the investment that the vendors make to supply them. But then you get something that is.........well, you wonder if the vendor ever tried to use the item themselves, because if they did they would be embarrassed to sell it.

Most vendors welcome feedback and seem to be genuinely interested in improving the product. In the case of the above-mentioned carb kit, the response was the classic "You are the only one who has ever had problems with this, and we sell lots of them."

My experiences, my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. <G>
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

52 Commander carb kit

All I have in stock is NOS gasket set

Comment

Originally posted by fatboylust View Post
              Having searched the Internet and various Studebaker Vendors and having asked several local auto parts stores I was beginning to believe it was going to take nearly $70 or more to procure a kit for a Stromberg AAVB26 6-111. Yesterday I took another shot at a G****le search and a hit came up for a NOS kit located from Mike's Carburetor Parts: http://www.carburetor-parts.com/default.asp located just 75 miles away. The prices was $29 plus sales tax with free shipping. I received the kit today, yes that is what I said, it came today. So here are pictures of the kit; I almost feel guilty to open it but It is a good cause.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10192[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10194[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10193[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10195[/ATTACH]
              thanks for showing these pictures, im not sure if it's kinda cheap on your side. but on me. i bought mine for $35, i think yours is cheaper than mine

anyways, thanks for the pictures again!

regard,

darren
              =============================

"always use genuine carburetor kit for 1952 V8 Car!"

Comment

Working...
              X