Turquoise '66 Cruiser with turquoise interior in/around Reedsville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turquoise '66 Cruiser with turquoise interior in/around Reedsville

I know this is a long shot, but several years ago I drooled over a Timberline Turquoise '66 Cruiser in a restaurant parking lot at Reedsville. It had turquoise cloth interior and was beautiful, and had the original window sticker in the LR quarter window, showing a small-town central PA dealership delivery. Does anybody know who owns this car?

Thanks.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bill, this is a long shot, because I cannot remember which Show, or if it was even he, but I seem to remember Phil Harris riding in one that belonged to a friend that fits the bill perfectly. It was a simply gorgeous Car, all original, very rare Turquoise Cloth Interior, Timberline Turquoise Paint, with Factory A/C, V-8 and loaded.

It can't hurt to call and ask him.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich. I got a lead on another such car, and if that doesn't pan out, I'll call Phil.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Just to grease the skids, so to speak, here is a Gettysburg '66 Daytona - only two '66s on the show field last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
          I know this is a long shot, but several years ago I drooled over a Timberline Turquoise '66 Cruiser in a restaurant parking lot at Reedsville. It had turquoise cloth interior and was beautiful, and had the original window sticker in the LR quarter window, showing a small-town central PA dealership delivery. Does anybody know who owns this car?

Thanks.
          That sounds like one that belonged to the Funks in Pennsylvania years ago (maybe original owners). I believe that they are both deceased. I do not know the current location of their Cruiser.
          Isn't there a nice Cruiser on eBay now?
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
            Just to grease the skids, so to speak, here is a Gettysburg '66 Daytona - only two '66s on the show field last Saturday.
            That 1966 belongs to Pipers. It is a six. I remember discussing the hose clamps with them.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              That sounds like one that belonged to the Funks in Pennsylvania years ago (maybe original owners). I believe that they are both deceased. I do not know the current location of their Cruiser.
              Isn't there a nice Cruiser on eBay now?
              That does sound like the Funk Cruiser, purchased new by John from Reese Studebaker in Sellersville Pa. I sold the car in '96 or 7 for the second owner, the late Tom Ebright, to Ken Lelacheur of Connecticut.
              Jim S.
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                That does sound like the Funk Cruiser, purchased new by John from Reese Studebaker in Sellersville Pa. I sold the car in '96 or 7 for the second owner, the late Tom Ebright, to Ken Lelacheur of Connecticut.
                Jim S.
                Jim, and Gary before, thanks for this information. I also received an email off-forum that gave this same information.

I looked up Mr. Lelacheur in my 2008-09 SDC roster, and there's not a '66 Cruiser among his Studes listed. I tried to call and the number is no longer in service. Sigh. It was pleasant to dream!
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Jim, and Gary before, thanks for this information. I also received an email off-forum that gave this same information.

I looked up Mr. Lelacheur in my 2008-09 SDC roster, and there's not a '66 Cruiser among his Studes listed. I tried to call and the number is no longer in service. Sigh. It was pleasant to dream!
                  No problem Bill. I too noticed he didn't list the Cruiser in the roster. Kenny probably dropped his landline, as so many people are doing now. You could try the US POSTAL SERVICE :-)
                  Good luck in your search for Studebaker bliss.
                  Jim
                  Last edited by LarkTruck; 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Good point, Jim. And my Dad retired from the USPS after 27 years! I'll do just that.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill: Mr Lelacheur is still listed in the new, Springfield-introduced 2011 SDC Roster. I'll send you a PM with the phone and address therein. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Good point, Jim. And my Dad retired from the USPS after 27 years! I'll do just that.
                        Just a little plug for my employer, I too, HOPE to retire from there SOMEDAY :-(
                        Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X