Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebakers at the California State Fair! - Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at the California State Fair! - Pictures!

Yes! Back by popular demand, the Karel Staple Studebaker Chapter will have Studebakers on display at the CA State Fair today. Pictures to follow.
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 07-16-2011, 07:41 PM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Cool beans, Pat. We're anticipating a thorough report. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Had nine Studebakers there. I'll let Pat post pictures he's much better at it than me.

STUCOOL
      SDUDE
      64GTGAL
      another 64 GT
      63 Cruiser (or is it a 62)
      58 Packard Hawk (still counts as a Studebaker)
      63 Lark in Rose Mist
      55 President
      53 Commander

We had a great time. The weather was perfect. Mid 80s and lots of shade. Nobody tried the deep fried maggots......(gee, I wonder why)
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

We had a great turn out, nine Studebakers joined by 3 VWs, 2 Mustangs, a Camaro, 57 Chevy and a Ford. Weather was great, lots of chances to talk about Studebakers with people who never heard of them. I am growing tired of people thinking my car is a Thunderbird though, and our GT Hawk owners got a lot of "There is a Grand Torino, like in the movie."

Here are some pics:

The Weather was perfect 82 degrees, deep fried food was plentiful, including maggots, there were lots of gadgets and animals to see, and the people watching was spectacular. All in all a great day.
        Last edited by Pat Dilling; 07-17-2011, 06:22 AM.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

What a fine showing of our cars! I personally would like to get ahold of a couple of those "Village Studebaker" license frames. I worked for the owner, Bob Kershaw in the early 80's, years after he had closed his Studebaker dealership but had 8 body shops, plus a leasing company, Village Marine that did final assembly to yachts (60 + feet) that were made in Asia. He would then finish them here in Marina Del Rey, installing custom interiors, teak, ect & then sell them. He also made reverse osmosis water purifiers that was purchased by the U.S., Egyiptian, & Israeli navies in addition to an installation on Catalina Island that enabled the construction of a few hundred condo's on the island, providing additional needed fresh water. Interesting man to say the least!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Gorgeous display and representation, guys. Congrats and thanks. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Steve, Where is your 55 Coupe ? ? ? It would have been the Belle of the Ball ! ! ! !
              sals54

Comment

STU COOL forever! (HAS to be posted every time I see Pat's car)
                Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Maggots???
                  Jim K.
                  63 Hawk

Comment

So that's what shiny Studebakers look like. I didn't know they came that way.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by JimK View Post
                      Maggots???
                      For real.... and deep fried. Afraid I won't be able to tell you how they taste.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                      X