Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1963 Daytona Wagonaire in September Hemmings Classic Car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Daytona Wagonaire in September Hemmings Classic Car...

Just got my new issue of HCC in the mail today and there's an article on a '63 Daytona Wagonaire owned by Bill Volz. The article talks about the neat features of the Wagonaire as well as the problems that were experienced...no real sugar coating.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the Wagonaire so I can't comment on possible inaccuracies in the article, but I think it's great to get more Studebaker exposure...warts and all.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

I'll be checking it out.....
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

If they are to par with their past articles, then look for lots of inaccuracys
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Got mine in the mail today, pretty good article.

Comment

'Arrived today. Nice article; respectful.

I much appreciated the accurate description of Flightomatic and its abilities and operation. None of that 2-speed nonsense to which we're often treated. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            'Arrived today. Nice article; respectful.

I much appreciated the accurate description of Flightomatic and its abilities and operation. None of that 2-speed nonsense to which we're often treated. BP
            That would have been a pretty Wagonaire when new. I always wished my '63 had the white vinyl inserts, instead of all-red.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

I agree, a nice article. Bill & Sallie Volz bring their Wagonaire to the Ypsilanti Orphan Car Show each year. I've got several photos of their grand kids loaded in the back with the roof slid forward. We usually have 35-40 Studes each year at the show and their car gets loads of attention.
              StudeBakerHarv
              * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine).
              * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).
              * 1960 Lark Regal VIII Convertible.

Comment

Bought the mag today. Wish it had more than 4 pages - needed more pix, too.
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                X