Welcome back to South Bend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome back to South Bend!

I know that Bob just posted a little about the meet, but on behalf of the Michiana Chapter welcome back to South Bend! If anybody has any questions about South Bend as far as directions, attractions, places to eat, or the meet itself, please ask and we will get them answered for you.

This will be a great meet! See you here!!
    Chris Dresbach

Okay, I'll ask again. (I asked twice on another thread and have gotten no response.) From the other thread it sounds like cars will be parked at the Fair Ground while the host hotel, where I planned to stay, is 6 miles away. Why? and how will that work? Is there no parking at the host hotel?

It has also been mentioned that early event schedules are available via email. I have asked for one of those, also with no response. Can you help me with these two issues?

Thanks. Looking forward to driving to South Bend.
    Some of us from eastern North Carolina are planning to caravan up and some need to know scheduling information as early as possible in order to get time off from work.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I will rattle somebody cage and get some responce. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
        I will rattle somebody cage and get some responce. Jim
        Just a thought! Could the "Staff" have been caught a little off guard by this high level of interest (8 threads/44 posts) this early ...some 11 months before the meet!!!

By comparison, in the first SIX MONTHS of the Springfield 2011Meet Forum there were only 3 threads/3 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
          Just a thought! Could the "Staff" have been caught a little off guard by this high level of interest (8 threads/44 posts) this early ...some 11 months before the meet!!!

By comparison, in the first SIX MONTHS of the Springfield 2011Meet Forum there were only 3 threads/3 posts.
          Well, it IS a South Bend meet. People have always looked forward to meets in SB more than anywhere else. I've been anxious to attend the 2012 meet since the last one in 2007. If the boys in South Bend haven't gotten the International meet process figured out by now, something is wrong.

Comment

Hey Matt, lighten up. It will all come together shortly. The name change on the host hotel stuck a wrench in the gears. It is about all smooth out. Jim

Comment

Hey Matt, lighten up. It will all come together shortly. The name change on the host hotel stuck a wrench in the gears. It is about all smooth out. Jim
              Sounds good Jim.

You're right. I do regret not driving your Diesel. Too late now!

Comment

Also, one of the driving forces and good workers of past meets in South Bend is no longer with us.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  Also, one of the driving forces and good workers of past meets in South Bend is no longer with us.
                  Lot more than one of the driving forces and good workers is no longer with us from the 1997 & 2002 SB-IM's. By 2007 the Michiana Chapter was so low on "Chiefs and Injuns," they had to pass in favor of having the Studebaker National Museum "Host" that IM.

Comment

It stands to reason why there is so much interest in South Bend, being the Studebaker Mecca and the location being more of a central location for any one to drive to. A question I had was about the location of Stude and Avanti events. Are they going to be at the same hotel or not? I was told at the Avanti Dinner in Gettysburg that the Inn of St Mary was going to be the location for Avantis, while Studes were going to be @ the DoubleTree. I haven't made reservations yet and wanted to be with the Avanti group. Hopefully, someone will have an answer.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                      It stands to reason why there is so much interest in South Bend, being the Studebaker Mecca and the location being more of a central location for any one to drive to. A question I had was about the location of Stude and Avanti events. Are they going to be at the same hotel or not? I was told at the Avanti Dinner in Gettysburg that the Inn of St Mary was going to be the location for Avantis, while Studes were going to be @ the DoubleTree. I haven't made reservations yet and wanted to be with the Avanti group. Hopefully, someone will have an answer.

Believe you can get all your "Stude" questions answered about "Where & When" by clicking right here -> http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/About_Us.html

Comment

Thanks for the info regarding Stude events, I guess I'll have to ask on the AOAI forum site to see when any Avanti info will get posted.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks for posting this. This certainly answers many of my questions. I would still like, however, some clarification about parking at the host hotel. On another thread it was mentioned about parking at the Fair Grounds. To me and a few other folks this sounded like we had to park there and find our way to and from our cars/hotel at the start and end of each day. I can't imagine this is true, but it rather sounded like it.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser

Comment

Joe , if you stay at the host hotel ( like I am ) you will have parking there , you will be able to drive your Studebaker to and from the fairgrounds as you please every day you are there but on the show day ,if you are having it judged you will have to be around your car or truck for a good part of the day or at least until the judges have judged it . Hope this helps answer your question. Matter of fact the host hotel has a gated parking lot so you may have to pay an additional fee but at least you will ahve a little protection against all those brand X's that you will find in other motels about town.
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                              Joe , if you stay at the host hotel ( like I am ) you will have parking there , you will be able to drive your Studebaker to and from the fairgrounds as you please every day you are there but on the show day ,if you are having it judged you will have to be around your car or truck for a good part of the day or at least until the judges have judged it . Hope this helps answer your question. Matter of fact the host hotel has a gated parking lot so you may have to pay an additional fee but at least you will ahve a little protection against all those brand X's that you will find in other motels about town.
                              Thanks for the help. Can you tell me about the availability of food at the fair grounds during the day of judging? Also I see that many things will also be going on at the Century Center. How far is this from the host hotel? Again thanks for this response. As you know I have gotten very little response to my questions from anybody else. I do appreciate it.
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X