PDA

View Full Version : master cylinder question

Det
05-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi all, I have a 39 Commander with a bad master cylinder and am having a difficult time finding a replacement. I have been told that there are some master cylinders out there from different years and makes that are interchangeable or compatabke with my 39. Anybody know if that is true. Thanks for the help. Jim

Jim D. Gray

dictator27
05-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Jim

If you can't find one, have it bored out and a stainless steel sleeve pressed in.

Terry

skyway
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I have not bought one for quite a while, but the underfloor M/C for most/many/all? underfloor Studebakers including 1941 Commanders) stayed "available" for years because they were also used on fork lifts (Towmotor brand, I think). Try a parts shop that also supplies some industrial customers.

DEEPNHOCK
05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Jim,
Did you contact Bob Kapteyn at Joliet Studebaker?
He has a ton of pre-war stuff.
He will also be in South Bend.

Joliet Studebaker Service (Bob Kapteyn)
Robert Kapteyn, Sr.
Joliet Studebaker Service
112 Bissel St.
Joliet, Illinois 60432
Phone (815)722-7262
email: studebaker@mac.com

quote:Originally posted by Det

Hi all, I have a 39 Commander with a bad master cylinder and am having a difficult time finding a replacement. I have been told that there are some master cylinders out there from different years and makes that are interchangeable or compatabke with my 39. Anybody know if that is true. Thanks for the help. Jim

Jim D. Gray

StudeRich
05-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Jim, no need to use an expensive re-sleeved unit or an old stock one, I have NEW ones. Just email me by clicking the "StudeRich to the left of this post, Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Det

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA