R.P.M.
    R(ust) P(revention) M(agic)

$35 a tub....

(copy from website ad)
    RUST PREVENTATIVE MAGIC LIQUID

Item # RPM8
    Weighs 1.000lbs.
    Rust Preventer
    Rust Preventative Magic liquid. 8oz tub. This new wax-like product is easy to apply and will protect bare metal from rusting. It will not reverse rust or remove it, so you will need to sandblast or glassbead any rusty parts clean first. You apply it by heating the clean part up to 120 degrees F using a hair blow dryer or heat gun, then you brush the RPM on with a (cheap) paintbrush. The substance melts as it is brushed onto the hot part. It gets into the pores of the metal and prevents rust from forming. Wipe the excess RPM off with a towel or paper towel and let it come back to room temperature and dry. The RPM dries to an invisible barrier that prevents rust from forming. Some examples of things you can coat are: cast iron brake rotors/drums (DO NOT coat the brake shoe/pad contact area!), suspension components like spindles/control arms/tie rods, driveshafts, metal brackets, and even exhaust pipes. No longer do you have to paint "cast blast" paint on your parts to protect them. Great for restorations!

NOTE: Independent Lab Test results available, see product pictures for the results of the testing.

This part fits most Cars and Trucks. Exceptions may apply. Please read the complete description to see if this part fits your specific vehicle and application
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Interesting! The new car wax for older cars!!!
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Jeff! Looks to be the stuff one can use after cleaning with metal rescue. Master cylinders look either rusty or fake when they are painted. This stuff looks like one can have that factory fresh look!
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

WD40 does the same, but the metal has to be a lot hotter.

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to use this stuff to do an entire vehicle so you could have "bare" metal. What do you think?
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

This is what I use on my bare metal machine tools for rust protection. Also, here in Florida, I have to run a dehumidifier 24/7 in my shop or my machines will sweat big time.
            sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
            Bubbaland South
            Resident Machinist

Comment

Working...
            X