Another 1964 Daytona Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 1964 Daytona Hardtop

My dad and I brought home another 64 Daytona Hardtop today to match the first Stude I bought over 12 years ago. It was built exactly one week before my other one. 64V14165 has a few more options, must be something to do with these oval emblems on the front fenders....

Nick

Nice! I thought that field looked like Minnesota. I had a view like that before I moved to Oregon. I miss it. Actually it wasn't quite that flat where I lived.
    Someone's going to have fun with that car.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Nice score. Looks barn fresh to me. Going to be a fun project.

Gordon

Comment

Great find...keep us posted on this project and enjoy the ride.

Comment

'Way cool, Nick; congratulations. That's an outstanding find as to overall condition, considering the Minnesota location.

In fact, it almost didn't get there. The car was originally destined for Turlock, California, in Fred and Linda Fox's back yard. But it was diverted from Turlock CA to Bemidji MN for some reason. Your good fortune, most likely.

Also, it is one of the few R1s with an apparent Build Order error. It was spec'd with Option #78, Oil Bath Air Cleaner. But nobody (including me) has ever seen an R1 with an oil bath air cleaner, so we've long suspected that is one of those burps along the way. Does it appear to have a normal R1, dry-element air cleaner on it??

'Also was spec'd with Option #67, AM/FM radio! Does it still have it? If so, that's quite a bonus. Don't let it get away.

Again, Nick; 'good score. Congratulations. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I know the '64 tachometers were pretty rare - but is an automatic/tachometer even rarer?

Comment

Nice!
              With some obviouse work, that will be a sharp car.
              Seems to be quite a sweet spot for you and 64's.

Just cruious do the driver side hubcaps have the spinners?
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                Just cruious do the driver side hubcaps have the spinners?
                'Looks like only the rear has the spinners. Note the snow tire on the rear as well. Maybe the combination of snows and spinners is in place so that if the car gets stuck real deep, the wheel will drop down far enough so the spinner can help dig it out.

Just a thought....<GGG>.BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Boy, would I have liked to find a car like that 20 years ago! Great find!
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                    Boy, would I have liked to find a car like that 20 years ago! Great find!
                    Well, Bill; if nothing else, Nick just proved they are still out there.

The bigger challenge now is finding them before the Aussies do! <GGG> BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Living a year in Australia in high school I can agree that Aussies are as big car nuts as Americans - maybe in someways more - just look at the performance options available at Ford of Australia or Holden today.

Loved the right-hand drive '66 Mustang that I used to see around town...and the '63 Lark under a carport about a half-block from school.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                        I know the '64 tachometers were pretty rare - but is an automatic/tachometer even rarer?
                        I am guessing that maybe you mean an Automatic Trans. Car with a Tach?

I don't think you mean an Automatic Tach. Lol!

Actually, it is not rare at all, since ALL "R" Powered Cars came with a Tach.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          Well, Bill; if nothing else, Nick just proved they are still out there.

Come on Bob, there are plenty to go round------------Hey Nick do you want to sell it!
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardhawk58 View Post
                            come on bob, there are plenty to go round------------hey nick do you want to sell it!
                            verrrrrrry funny <ggg> bp

Comment

No picture under the hood?

Tease.

Comment

Working...
                              X