Coolant Troubles with my 61 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Coolant Troubles with my 61 Lark

So a month ago i noticed the coolant was turning brown in my OHV 6 Lark. When i drive it, the coolant gets "frothy"- but the car is not using coolant, or oil, it's not venting the cap or overheating. Of course, i'm assuming the worst, but would like some input. Can the froth happen from coolant gone bad? I'll put a pressure test on it this ween and flush the coolant out of it, but would like some input from the experts. In addiition, anyone have a GOOD cyl head for an OHV six they would part with? Evan
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

I know you're hoping for better, but it sounds like the classic symptom of a blown head gasket to me. You've got oil in the coolant - it only takes a small amount to cause the effect you've described.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Evan, can't promise if it is 100% good or not but I do have a parts sedan with an intact OHV. Give me a shout or email...
      Steven

Comment

Put a cooling system pressure test on this morning- won't hold pressure- loses within 20 minutes- looks like i'm on the hunt for a cyl head maybe. Evan
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Can you machine your flat? Save some $
          David G. Nittler

Comment

Working...
          X