Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More complaining about gas prices - with pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More complaining about gas prices - with pictures!

OK ... I went on a gas station tour in Santa Barbara just to share our
    prices with all of you (make you feel better or worse). Usually, we
    have the highest prices in the nation (including Hawaii). I figure I
    spent about 4 bucks just crusing around to get these to share!

This is the 76 station in Montecito, Montecito is the expensive area
    in Santa Barbara, of course "expensive" is relative. The median track
    home price is over 1 million dollars, in Montecito that would only get
    you a one bedroom studio.

This is the Chevron in Montecito :

Now we move onto Goleta, which you can STILL find a track home for just
    under 1 million dollars. Its considered to be the inexpensive neighbor
    to Santa Barbara City, and looked down on as the "slums". Interestingly
    enough, gas is actually MORE expensive here! Imagine that, catering
    to the rich?? Oh my goodness![)] This is the Mobil on Storke Rd :

Lastly .. this is the Chevron on Stroke Rd, that bottom number is the
    same $3.99 that the Mobil had (then have some bulbs out).

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Well Tom, for whatever reason, the Gulf Coast has the cheapest gas in the country right now. I saw a couple stations yesterday that were at 2.99-9/10. Now this isn't always the case. But right now we're just 'lucky' that way. I'm waiting for the year end report from Exxon-Mobil trying to justify the 40/50 Billion dollar profit for the year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Well Tom, for whatever reason, the Gulf Coast has the cheapest gas in the country right now. I saw a couple stations yesterday that were at 2.99-9/10. Now this isn't always the case. But right now we're just 'lucky' that way. I'm waiting for the year end report from Exxon-Mobil trying to justify the 40/50 Billion dollar profit for the year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I am just glad I could play MY part in their profits[^] .. oh wait![B)]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
        I'm waiting for the year end report from Exxon-Mobil trying to justify the 40/50 Billion dollar profit for the year.
        '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
        Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
        I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I am just glad I could play MY part in their profits[^] .. oh wait![B)]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
          I'm waiting for the year end report from Exxon-Mobil trying to justify the 40/50 Billion dollar profit for the year.

Comment

Is there a relationship between home prices and gas prices [?]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Is there a relationship between home prices and gas prices [?]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quoteick Steinkamp Posted - 05/27/2007 : 5:19:52 PM
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Is there a relationship between home prices and gas prices
                Yes, Dick, there is. The common denominator is stupidity.

Just kidding... sort of.[)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quoteick Steinkamp Posted - 05/27/2007 : 5:19:52 PM
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Is there a relationship between home prices and gas prices

Just kidding... sort of.[)]

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Dick; I hate to say it but prices do reflect the areas of different priced homes Here in Little Rock we have a lower to middle income area in the South west part of town. In the West side or Chenal valley area gasoline is about 10 cents more a gallon.
                    Whats even more wierd is to drive 30 miles noth of here the price ie another 10 cents lower then South west. Bought gas at $3.o5 a gallon in our little town of Mabelvale.

Comment

Dick; I hate to say it but prices do reflect the areas of different priced homes Here in Little Rock we have a lower to middle income area in the South west part of town. In the West side or Chenal valley area gasoline is about 10 cents more a gallon.
                      Whats even more wierd is to drive 30 miles noth of here the price ie another 10 cents lower then South west. Bought gas at $3.o5 a gallon in our little town of Mabelvale.

Comment

Just filled up for $2.97 per gallon, the same as I paid Friday. Two different stations by the way.

Comment

Just filled up for $2.97 per gallon, the same as I paid Friday. Two different stations by the way.

Comment

Not sure I understand your meaning there, Ron.[B)]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Comment

Not sure I understand your meaning there, Ron.[B)]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Comment

Working...
                              X