Gettysburg Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettysburg Roll Call

Just wondering who all I might get the chance to meet this week in Gettysburg. We're coming across through Louisville, Lexington, Charleston. Anybody want to catch a ride or caravan? We should arrive mid-day Thursday. Look us up and say "Hi."
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Well, we know Studeguy and Avantidon will be there since they have organized the event. I'll be there, since it's the only time I've been able to schedule off work this year.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I live only about 30-40 minutes south of Gettysburg, but won't be there every day. I know I'll be there Saturday and maybe Thursday or Friday...depends on what's happening at home. The weather is hot and humid enough here to limit getting the car prepped to just the early and late hours of the day.

Hope to meet everyone at Gettysburg!
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I plan on (have reservations for) Thursday through Sunday.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sadly we had to cancel our reservations at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg at the last minute. I believe this will be an excellent Meet. Was also going to walk the hallowed ground of Pickett's charge from Lee's monument to the stone wall where Gen Lewis Armistead fell in company with Bruce Slifer on July 13th but guess he may be doing the walk on his own now?

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Arriving Thursday afternoon

Have to leave Saturday Morning.

Comment

Should arrive late Tuesday, Hope to see all there! I will NOT be vending for a change! I'll be enjoying the meet and the sights of Gettysburg!
              Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Just a question. Where is the show going to take place? The flyer on the Web says TBD. We are going to drive up for the day with a couple of unrestored Avantis. TX John
                John
                1963 Avanti R2
                Marshall, VA

Comment

Thursday thru Sunday. Bringing my wife and Packard Hawk. Hope it's not too hot.
                  Larry Y
                  North Wales, PA

Comment

Originally posted by larryyano View Post
                    Thursday thru Sunday. Bringing my wife and Packard Hawk. Hope it's not too hot.
                    THe weather forecast as of now is mid- to upper-80's Wednesday through Sunday with possible scattered thundershowers on Saturday and Sunday. But...the weatherman has been known to be wrong every now and then (duh!). JUst be prepared.
                    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The show and all related meet activities are taking place right at the Eisenhower Motel. I understand all vending wil be done outside with no indoor vendor space???? Hope the weather holds. We'll be there Tuesday thru Sunday. See ya all! stupak

Comment

Driving the 61 Hawk from Central New Jersey. Weather reports look good. I hope that 60 MPH A/C is working.

Comment

Originally posted by jlmccuan View Post
                          Just wondering who all I might get the chance to meet this week in Gettysburg. We're coming across through Louisville, Lexington, Charleston. Anybody want to catch a ride or caravan? We should arrive mid-day Thursday. Look us up and say "Hi."
                          Being about an hour from the meet I'm going to be CASO and commute- will be there Wednesday and Saturday for sure, not certain about the other days. Saturday I'll be on the Avanti display field (not for judging). Watch for the chipped up, cobbled up gray '64 with the bad chrome on the rear bumper.
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul: Being an 'old timer' and mentioning a cobbled up Gray Avanti. Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti with the rusted THRU rear bumper? Yup.....holes in the bumper! I've never seen that before. stupak

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                              Paul: Being an 'old timer' and mentioning a cobbled up Gray Avanti. Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti with the rusted THRU rear bumper? Yup.....holes in the bumper! I've never seen that before. stupak
                              Wow! I sure do remember his car- wonder what the frame and hog troughs looked like?
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X