Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh oh Neil... Your Place Has Been Identified As A Graveyard.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh Neil... Your Place Has Been Identified As A Graveyard.....

Reader Harry B submitted this Studebaker Graveyard he came across while traveling from Atlanta Georgia to Deltona Florida. He stumbled on this old Studebaker service center in a small town along GA-19. Harry said, "It looked like nobody hadn't touched any of these beauties for years" and we are inclined to agree with him. Studebaker...
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Then my place would be identified as a "rusting place".............

Comment

What's the Ford doing there?
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
        Then my place would be identified as a "rusting place".............
        Or a Rusty Palace
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

I like to think of it more as a Country Church. True there is a graveyard out back, but many that come in the front door leave in better shape. NT
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Belongs to my Lawyer.
            Originally posted by raprice View Post
            What's the Ford doing there?
            Rog
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Graveyard?? This looks like a Studebaker car lot compared to my place. Some of my family even refers to my place as a Studebaker graveyard. But people just dont know what they are missing. It is soo nice and peaceful to just go and set there.

Comment

I have made some lifelong friends by stopping to look at some old Studebakers sitting within site of the hi way. MA1951 is one of them. Good to see you here Mike. Enjoyed our too short visit last week.
                Neil Thornton

Comment

Good to see you Neil, also enjoyed the vist. And with every car, there is always a story of how we found it and how we got it home.

Comment

We should wright a book. Wheels running off, transmissions falling out, bumpers coming off, a trail of golf balls 20 miles long... and after many years of pulling them with tow bars, we found out that you cant' tow a Studebaker that way.
                    Originally posted by ma1951 View Post
                    Good to see you Neil, also enjoyed the vist. And with every car, there is always a story of how we found it and how we got it home.
                    Neil Thornton

Comment

How about the time the 50 Champion was so far in the bushes you could barely even see it. Debated on even trying to move it. Towed it home, started looking and realized motor was not stuck. Soaked the cylinders and several days later we cranked engine on 3 cylinders and the other 3 followed within minutes. Installed the motor in another car and car made several out of state trips. Now that is Studebaker fun.

Comment

We should wright a book. Wheels running off, transmissions falling out, bumpers coming off, a trail of golf balls 20 miles long... and after many years of pulling them with tow bars, we found out that you cant' tow a Studebaker that way.

With a tow bar i towed a 1959 station wagon from Pittsburg to Maryland. and a 1950 Commander from South carolina to Maryland - and the commander had an extra exngine in the trunk. I've towed dozens of studebakers with tow bars, but have learned the practice is now illegal. [until they changed the laws, in Maruland you could tow a car witha rope!.

All the cars were towed by a 1950 studebaker Land cruiser using a tow bar.

alan
                        Last edited by alanahasan; 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X